Used 1994 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Super reliable, impressive 5 speed performance
By fourtravelers

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Purchased used in 2000 with 90k miles....traveled all over the western states, replaced clutch at about 150 K. At 230 K plus... my family and I survived a near head-on highway accident. The car is totaled but we all survived. We will buy another Nissan Altima. I am sure the car would have gone another 100 to 200 K for sure. This was our experience...can't speak for the rest. The only continuing issue was a small electrical issue....grounding kept blowing front head lamps every 6 months...mechanic could not find the troubled spot and bulb replacement was always cheaper. Once the radio antenna snapped of...finding a replacement was difficult...regular maintenance was the key.

5 speed ...acceleration...handling...even though it was a 4 door...we always said...the car did not know it wasn't a BMW

1994 Nissan Altima
By mark_jr48

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

227K still runs strong. Bought back in 1994 runs just as strong today as it did 17 years ago. Original clutch and just changed original brake rotors last week. Best car I have ever had. Timing chain is getting a little noisy and has a oil leak, but does not drip on the garage floor so its fine.

Exceeds Monetary Investment
By satisfied

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

We have two GXEs which were purchased new a month apart in 1993. Both have 193,000 plus miles. Although several parts have been repaired/replaced (e.g. CV joints, climate control system, A/C condenser, knock sensor, head gasket, engine oil leak (common occurrence) blower motor, both vehicles have serviced us VERY well and have been maintained likewise. We hope to drive the cars until... These Altimas have exceeded our expectations. Regrettably, the newer models are engineered to make the consumer more dealer-dependent for maintenance and repair. People are EXTREMELY surprised at the age of the vehicles (nearly 16 years) because they have retained their new- car appearance.

Acceleration, interior/exterior, driver visibility.

Mounting the cruise control on/off button on the steering wheel for better accessibility/safety for the driver. Ditto for sideview mirror control on the door panel. The blind spots could have been reduced. The window design restricts sufficient air flow unless fully opened.

$400.00 and counting but worth it
By drshot

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

got cheep 4cyl great spent $1000.00 on it already tires tranny service front end work alingment small parts from junk yard, raidator flush hoses tune up kid thinks its grate good fuel I like small cheep to reg and ins wtill working on it got power stearing r\r power windows rt side heater hoses, all in all will be a good first time pre dented car for kid. will have3 about 2000.00 into it but will maintain well and I know what I replaced I work at an auto shop so parts cheep

over all I like the driver visibility and compact. The little 4 cyl is peepy but kid will be safe good driver.

make window sun blockes out of something more tough all the junk yards Ive been to there all warn out or rotted

Unforetold secrets
By Heath724

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Altima new. It has unbelievable mileage on it and I can say this: 861.00 dollars in repairs have been done to this vehicle. Talk about one very dependable vehicle that still has no rust, never garage kept, and is still in awesome shape. Would not hesitate to drive it to California and back. Thanks Nissan for making the best car money can buy. Awesome job well done.