1993 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
altima is awesome
By lovethataltima on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

One owner, no problems, can't come to sell even though I want a new car vehicle. Maybe a pathfinder some day

Recommended
By C'sAltima on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is very much worth the price it's retailed at! I love my Altima GXE. I bought this car my senior year in high school and now I'm a sophomore in college. So far my car has 112000+ miles on it and it is giving me no problems at all. This car has so much tourque!! I've won many races with this car. I strongly recommend this car for anyone interested in getting a reliable vehicle.

145 K Running Strong
By SE Michigan on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Altima in 1996 and am the second owner. It has 145 K on it and running very strong. It needed 2 fuel injectors at 140K, that's all (some gas and oil once in a while :) ). It is very reliable and well build. Except, my Altima has been leaking oil ever since I bought, Dealer said that all Altimas leak oil after couple of years. Beside that, I did not have any problem and planning to drive another 100K.

One of the best
By LadyB on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Over the past 9 years, my Nissan Altima has been very reliable. I previously had a Sentra GXE and my husband has a Frontier crew cab. Like all other vehicles, it does need regular checks, tune ups, tire rotation/changes, oil changes,etc. My only problem has been with the seat belt; it tends to tighten up regularly and trap you in the seat. Only the emergency release helps you in circumstances like these. Overall, I rate Nissans very highly.

I miss my car
By mnscott on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

What a reliable vehicle, then the Altima is for you. Change the oil and it won't fail you.

Former Altima Owner
By Former Altima Owner on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I've had my 1993 Altima since 1993 and just parted ways this week in 2002 just because I purchased a new one (didn't need two). It was reliable, fun to drive, and only left me stranded twice (alternator). The service department wasn't the greatest but I recommend always taking it in for service at Nissan anyway (they'll make good). My Altima was a little over 115,000 miles and just looked worn out, but it ran and everything still worked. I'll recommend the Altima to anyone!

Dissapointment
By hotsexyandhumid on 03/19/02 19:03 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car back in 1999 with 80,000 km. Now have 122,000 km and have put so much money into the car! The transmission (manual) had to be fixed for over a grand! My transmission is completely screwed again! So now I have the pleasure of fixing it again. Some will say "well, maybe its the way you drive the car." But I have had several standard cars, none have had any transmission problems. Fuel economy is bad. I get 360 km a tank on average. I replaced the alternator and starter twice. Peformance on the car is very good... it picks up nicely. Overall, I would say don't buy a 1993 because it was the first model year. If you can, buy a 95 or so.