1993 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Best thousand dollars I spent
By awesomealtima on 10/11/11 07:32 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Altima in February 2011, after spending months searching for an affordable 5 speed car. For an 18 year old with $1000 to spend, it was the best money could buy. It had all manual amenities (windows, locks, seats) but everything worked on it. The A/C only needed a recharge, and while not the strongest or coldest, it was fine for a small car. It had 170,000 miles yet the engine ran fine. I thought for a car of it's class it had good performance. Even though my mom had a new durango, we'd often take my car for trips due to the much better gas mileage. I NEVER had to fix anything with the car, but sadly I had to sell it for tuition. Otherwise, I would run it into the ground.

Takes a licking
By ozzyhead on 06/03/05 11:45 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Engine still running strong with 185000 on her. From my knowledge, timing belt has never even been replaced. Besides regular tune-ups and oil changes, this car will not die.

Cannot Get Rid of It
By John Lefever on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I think about getting a different vehicle, but my 93 Altima won't let me! I haven't spent a dollar on it with the exception of tires, brakes, and general maintenance. I couldn't even change the timing belt on it, because the rubber belt doesn't exist! Engine is dynamite, it is quick, responsive.............cannot get rid of it.