1993 Nissan Altima GXE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

1993 Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Sort Reviews by

I'm in Love with my Altima
By AmyBeth4

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I drove my '93 car off the showroom floor in August of '93. It has 157,000 miles on it and still runs great. (Had to replace both axels, a couple of fuel injectors and the starter over the years.) Still on the ORIGINAL clutch. I've never seen a more reliable car in my life. Lots of stupid minor breakdowns, like the center console latch, the driver's sun visor and the FM portion of the radio barely works anymore. I'd take a working, reliable engine over all of that any day.

Favorite Features

Interior wood finish, automatic seatbelts, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Any improvements needed have probably been improved by now.

rare diamond in the rough
By asus29

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I have a 93 stanza Altima GXE, I dont't know why other Altima's don't do 40 mpg, but I get 40 mpg interstate driving, town city 26, the car has 217000 miles on car, the car was brought new from my parents in 93, the car been to Canada more times I can count, a very reliable car, had problem with the new E-10 Ethanol car stalling, the problem was resolved a Ethanol kit solved the problem. I was in a accident from the rear a new car ran in back of me pushing me into another car, my car was fixed by me (2008)cost 700 dollars included paint hood and trunk lid. rear bumper thats all.no damage or body to frame. the car that hit me was a new 2002 crown victoria that car was not driveable

Favorite Features

the automatic seat belts, the seats, styling of the car, and trunk space, radio, a/c, and the gas mileage 40 mpg and 26 city and its not a hybrid.

Suggested Improvements

can't improve perfection.

Runs forever
By h0liday2005

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I've only had the car a year, but when I got it it had 283,000 miles on it, now it has 293,000 and it still runs very well. I haven't had a problem with the motor at all. It gets up to speed fast, and it hasn't let me down yet. I've only had to replace the starter.

Old faithful
By It's Me

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This car has exterior and interior rattles and lackluster acceleration. However, with all its faults, it's the most reliable car I've ever owned, and it's also been very inexpensive to maintain. It still averages around 27 miles per gallon, and that's not bad considering it has 210,000 miles!

Favorite Features

Reliability. Not a very exciting car, but you won't have it in the shop more than you have it on the road! =)

Suggested Improvements

The improvements have already been implemented in the newest Altimas, although the gas mileage has gone down.

The incredible edible egg
By Fuzzy_Duzzy

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I have owned the vehicle for an eternity (since it's inception) and well this is sort of my pre-obituary for it. The car had its flaws: horrible radio, heating and air conditioning system, weekly hubcap replacement, irritating creaks, poorly designed interior (eg cup holder, radio, lighter that interfered with each other all 93 altima owners know what I mean). But the car performed beyond the call of duty. I have owned the car 13 years and have gotten 160,000 Miles. It never let me down and that to me stands out more than any flaw or feature that the car had.

Favorite Features

Reliability!

Suggested Improvements

If Nissan had too change one thing perhaps correct that rusty wheel well.

A gem!
By Janet

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This original Altima is a luxurious survivor. Performs like a newborn, maintenance-free beyond regular upkeep, still looks premium and modern. Often get compliments on the design. Exceptionally comfortable inside. A perfect midsize car that rides like a Benz.

Favorite Features

A beautiful dash with the strip of faux wood, which the 1994 model and onwards does not have. The ride and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan has redesigned the Altima and upsized it too. It looks beautiufl but is too large for my lifestyle.

Reliable car
By nissan-consumer

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Great value for money. bought it for 2500$ 2 years ago. very reliable car. Still running strong. Looks good too. I have the manual transmission which is fun to drive. I get gas mileage of 25 city and 30 on highway which i think is great for a 12 year old car. I would buy a nissan any day.

Favorite Features

reliability, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

none

What a car....
By VinceJr

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This was the first car I ever purchased new and it is still going strong. In the 11 years I have owned it, I have had to only do routine maintenance and replace the following items: brake caliper, water pump, fuel line, valve seal. That is _all_. This car is a work horse (as you can see by the annual mileage) and I would definitely consider replacing it with another Altima.

Favorite Features

Great pickup and power. Comfort level is also very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could be better as it requires 89 octane.

Reliable vehicle
By BillH

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought it with 12K miles and now have 164K miles racked up. This is a reliable vehicle that we have been pleased with. I'll definitely have Nissan on the list when considering another vehicle. Have had some unscheduled maintenance items: fuel injectors had to be replaced at 90K and a new distributor at 145K. Not to bad for that number of miles.

Favorite Features

For a small car the ride is still good.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan has done the necessary improvements to keep the 2000-2004 Altima's freash and attractive.

Nice Old Car!
By Rob H

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

One owner, I have driven this car since December 1992 with very minor problems. Thankfully it's a stick shift so when my starter stopped working I was able to push start the car and pop the clutch. We easy to kick start on a slight downgrade surface. No major mechanical work other than typical items that wear out. Runs great! I plan on keeping it for at least another 5 years or until 200K +. Kudos to Nissan.

Favorite Features

Manual Transmission, simulated wood panel, chrome accents.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel tank capacity and those wonderful hubcabs that really are "Frisbies" waiting to be thrown from the car at any given moment. I have replaced at least 8-10 hub caps over the last 11 years.