Used 1993 Nissan Altima GLE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best $1000 Ever Spent
By TPR

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought Oct. 2014 for $1100 with 199k miles from my mechanic after my 4Runner got wrecked and I have to say, this car has exceeded all expectations. It was meant to be temporary and to be driven as a car that could not be trusted as well, given its age. Knowing how well my mechanic has cared for this car since he bought it, I decided to take a trip the following weekend to see family 4 hours away. It did great. Since I've had it I've gone on trips to destinations that are very far away. Longest one being a nearly 10 hour drive to the mountains of New Mexico, the trip home she averaged 34 mpg. She now has nearly 234k miles and has had a couple sensors and valve cover gaskets replaced. This is the best value vehicle you could buy for a grand. Will keep until I get new family vehicle and replace for another second vehicle.

Few minor issues, otherwise great car
By Kishlak

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I had good experience with my 1993 Nissan Altima despite its age. I drove in all weather, snow, ice, mountains, forests and was impressed with its performance for an ordinary 2 wheel drive car. This is the first generation of this model, which I believe is one of the best ones built by Nissan.

Reliability, powerful enough with manual transmission.

I had to replace fuel pump twice within one year. Also, the ignition switch wears off quickly having poor contact. this needs to be improved. It is hard to find replacement part, even aftermarket one.

Great Car
By Altima.Own-GLE

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a priest for $7,800 w/ 78,000 miles. This car also had the on screen display (which puts your speed on the windshield). This car was great. I sold it in 2002 w/ 124,000 miles b/c I wanted a 4wd for the snow. For approx. 50,000 miles and 5 years, the car was wonderful. There was nothing out of the ordinary. Excellent & always reliable.However, when I was selling it, they found a $1,000 oil leak that was "normal for Altimas." Either way - the oil leak was minor and the car was fantastic. It was my first & certainly won't be my last. Nissan is great & I plan on getting the 350z Roadster. I will be a customer for life.

Reliable - Great car - I loved the on screen display (puts the speedometer on the windshield). Excellent - & it looked great with the 5 spoke alloy wheels & the wood trim. All around - great, fast, reliable car.

Great Car - no substantial complaints!

Very good cheap car
By J-mike

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car from the Nissan
dealership as the 2nd owner for only
$5500 with 99K miles on it. The first
owner had the extended 100K mile
warranty and bought a new Maxima.
It's been a little over 2 year's and i
have doubled the vehicle mileage to
200K miles and the thing still goes
strong. The engine is great. Runs
like a champ and starts every time.
Have had problems though. The timing
chain went bad around 142K and was
expensive at $1100. WARNING. Make
sure the timing chain is fixed
preferebly by Nissan as a shade tree
job can end up costing you a lot more
in the long run.

I love the interior design ie leather/wood. Makes you feel like you've bought something like an ES 300. The drive isn't bad at all either. As long as the tires are good and the vehicle is aligned properly you could do 90mph all day with no prob except for law enforcement.

I really hated the cupholders. Right in front of the radio. I wish they didn't blow up the new Altima and the 98 version is not very attractive. Plus, why no retained power accessories (radio, windows)?

good to me for many years
By xrv

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I have had the pleasure of driving this
vehicle for 10 years now and it has
shown me nothing but good times. I have
made sure I have kept up with the
maintenance and thusly have had little
or noe problem. It is sneaky fast often
underestimated for its
accelaration.Even to this day it still
has enough power to have fun with.I
still enjoy driving it everyday.

My favorite features are the sound system and the heads up display.Also can I say it again the acceleration.One other thing is that once you are going about 50mph the transition to pass is too fun to ignore.

The only thing I can say is that the ac crapped out about 2 years ago.Maybe could use a little bit bogger of a pass thru from the trunk to the back seat.