1993 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Best thousand dollars I spent
By awesomealtima on 10/11/11 07:32 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Altima in February 2011, after spending months searching for an affordable 5 speed car. For an 18 year old with $1000 to spend, it was the best money could buy. It had all manual amenities (windows, locks, seats) but everything worked on it. The A/C only needed a recharge, and while not the strongest or coldest, it was fine for a small car. It had 170,000 miles yet the engine ran fine. I thought for a car of it's class it had good performance. Even though my mom had a new durango, we'd often take my car for trips due to the much better gas mileage. I NEVER had to fix anything with the car, but sadly I had to sell it for tuition. Otherwise, I would run it into the ground.

1993 Nissan Altima SE Just ROLLED IT!
By Happy Owner on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Original owner since 1983 3rd set of tires, 3rd battery 2nd set of brake pads. Great running car!

I'm in Love with my Altima
By AmyBeth4 on 05/24/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I drove my '93 car off the showroom floor in August of '93. It has 157,000 miles on it and still runs great. (Had to replace both axels, a couple of fuel injectors and the starter over the years.) Still on the ORIGINAL clutch. I've never seen a more reliable car in my life. Lots of stupid minor breakdowns, like the center console latch, the driver's sun visor and the FM portion of the radio barely works anymore. I'd take a working, reliable engine over all of that any day.

rare diamond in the rough
By asus29 on 04/29/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I have a 93 stanza Altima GXE, I dont't know why other Altima's don't do 40 mpg, but I get 40 mpg interstate driving, town city 26, the car has 217000 miles on car, the car was brought new from my parents in 93, the car been to Canada more times I can count, a very reliable car, had problem with the new E-10 Ethanol car stalling, the problem was resolved a Ethanol kit solved the problem. I was in a accident from the rear a new car ran in back of me pushing me into another car, my car was fixed by me (2008)cost 700 dollars included paint hood and trunk lid. rear bumper thats all.no damage or body to frame. the car that hit me was a new 2002 crown victoria that car was not driveable

Runs forever
By h0liday2005 on 10/16/08 20:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I've only had the car a year, but when I got it it had 283,000 miles on it, now it has 293,000 and it still runs very well. I haven't had a problem with the motor at all. It gets up to speed fast, and it hasn't let me down yet. I've only had to replace the starter.

Old faithful
By It's Me on 10/22/06 21:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This car has exterior and interior rattles and lackluster acceleration. However, with all its faults, it's the most reliable car I've ever owned, and it's also been very inexpensive to maintain. It still averages around 27 miles per gallon, and that's not bad considering it has 210,000 miles!

The incredible edible egg
By Fuzzy_Duzzy on 03/01/06 21:06 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I have owned the vehicle for an eternity (since it's inception) and well this is sort of my pre-obituary for it. The car had its flaws: horrible radio, heating and air conditioning system, weekly hubcap replacement, irritating creaks, poorly designed interior (eg cup holder, radio, lighter that interfered with each other all 93 altima owners know what I mean). But the car performed beyond the call of duty. I have owned the car 13 years and have gotten 160,000 Miles. It never let me down and that to me stands out more than any flaw or feature that the car had.

A gem!
By Janet on 08/22/05 16:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This original Altima is a luxurious survivor. Performs like a newborn, maintenance-free beyond regular upkeep, still looks premium and modern. Often get compliments on the design. Exceptionally comfortable inside. A perfect midsize car that rides like a Benz.

Takes a licking
By ozzyhead on 06/03/05 11:45 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Engine still running strong with 185000 on her. From my knowledge, timing belt has never even been replaced. Besides regular tune-ups and oil changes, this car will not die.

have loved this car
By dlb on 05/10/05 12:59 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This has been a wonderful car! Hardly ever in for repairs - it is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Acceleration is great with the 5-speed and it holds turns well. However, the turning radius is bigger than I would prefer. Seats are comfortable and it has fit my family of four in reasonable comfort over the years. We just keep it as a spare car now for when my two newer cars (another Nissan and a Honda) go in the shop. I wanted to pass it on to my daughter who is off to college, but she doesn't want to learn a stick. Guess I'll save it for my son who will get his license in about a year. This car now has 185,000 and still runnning strong