Used 1993 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best thousand dollars I spent
By awesomealtima

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Altima in February 2011, after spending months searching for an affordable 5 speed car. For an 18 year old with $1000 to spend, it was the best money could buy. It had all manual amenities (windows, locks, seats) but everything worked on it. The A/C only needed a recharge, and while not the strongest or coldest, it was fine for a small car. It had 170,000 miles yet the engine ran fine. I thought for a car of it's class it had good performance. Even though my mom had a new durango, we'd often take my car for trips due to the much better gas mileage. I NEVER had to fix anything with the car, but sadly I had to sell it for tuition. Otherwise, I would run it into the ground.

PROS:Engine, performance, standard features (A/C, tachometer, folding mirrors), seat padding, trunk space, interior space (for its size), maintenance, handling, gas mileage, size CONS:Unsychronized first and reverse gear (might be my car only), I wish the drivers seat gave a little more room, but I'm large [6'1, >290 lbs.], location of the stereo, center console space, design of the glove box

1993 Nissan Altima SE Just ROLLED IT!
By Happy Owner

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Original owner since 1983 3rd set of tires, 3rd battery 2nd set of brake pads. Great running car!

rear spoiler and sun roof

I'm in Love with my Altima
By AmyBeth4

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I drove my '93 car off the showroom floor in August of '93. It has 157,000 miles on it and still runs great. (Had to replace both axels, a couple of fuel injectors and the starter over the years.) Still on the ORIGINAL clutch. I've never seen a more reliable car in my life. Lots of stupid minor breakdowns, like the center console latch, the driver's sun visor and the FM portion of the radio barely works anymore. I'd take a working, reliable engine over all of that any day.

Interior wood finish, automatic seatbelts, reliability.

Any improvements needed have probably been improved by now.

rare diamond in the rough
By asus29

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I have a 93 stanza Altima GXE, I dont't know why other Altima's don't do 40 mpg, but I get 40 mpg interstate driving, town city 26, the car has 217000 miles on car, the car was brought new from my parents in 93, the car been to Canada more times I can count, a very reliable car, had problem with the new E-10 Ethanol car stalling, the problem was resolved a Ethanol kit solved the problem. I was in a accident from the rear a new car ran in back of me pushing me into another car, my car was fixed by me (2008)cost 700 dollars included paint hood and trunk lid. rear bumper thats all.no damage or body to frame. the car that hit me was a new 2002 crown victoria that car was not driveable

the automatic seat belts, the seats, styling of the car, and trunk space, radio, a/c, and the gas mileage 40 mpg and 26 city and its not a hybrid.

can't improve perfection.

Runs forever
By h0liday2005

1993 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I've only had the car a year, but when I got it it had 283,000 miles on it, now it has 293,000 and it still runs very well. I haven't had a problem with the motor at all. It gets up to speed fast, and it hasn't let me down yet. I've only had to replace the starter.