Used 1993 Nissan Altima XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best thousand dollars I spent
By awesomealtima

1993 Nissan Altima XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Altima in February 2011, after spending months searching for an affordable 5 speed car. For an 18 year old with $1000 to spend, it was the best money could buy. It had all manual amenities (windows, locks, seats) but everything worked on it. The A/C only needed a recharge, and while not the strongest or coldest, it was fine for a small car. It had 170,000 miles yet the engine ran fine. I thought for a car of it's class it had good performance. Even though my mom had a new durango, we'd often take my car for trips due to the much better gas mileage. I NEVER had to fix anything with the car, but sadly I had to sell it for tuition. Otherwise, I would run it into the ground.

PROS:Engine, performance, standard features (A/C, tachometer, folding mirrors), seat padding, trunk space, interior space (for its size), maintenance, handling, gas mileage, size CONS:Unsychronized first and reverse gear (might be my car only), I wish the drivers seat gave a little more room, but I'm large [6'1, >290 lbs.], location of the stereo, center console space, design of the glove box

Takes a licking
By ozzyhead

1993 Nissan Altima XE 4dr Sedan

Engine still running strong with 185000 on her. From my knowledge, timing belt has never even been replaced. Besides regular tune-ups and oil changes, this car will not die.

It still starts! Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I'm driving this thing into the ground.

Foreign parts are expensive to replace, exhaust will cost you a pretty penny. The car is 12 years old man! What's there to improve? I'm sure the 2005 model has vast improvements.

Cannot Get Rid of It
By John Lefever

1993 Nissan Altima XE 4dr Sedan

I think about getting a different vehicle, but my 93 Altima won't let me! I haven't spent a dollar on it with the exception of tires, brakes, and general maintenance. I couldn't even change the timing belt on it, because the rubber belt doesn't exist! Engine is dynamite, it is quick, responsive.............cannot get rid of it.

Engine,engine and engine. The style is so much better that the next version and I see even the teenagers want one like it, very popular used car. Air conditioning and heating are excellent, gas mileage very good, handles very well.

Somthing funky in the rear end when going over bumps, nothing alarming, just a creeky sound that I hear is common. You have to be double jointed to reach the oil filter if you want that dirty job for yourself.