Used 1993 Nissan Altima SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

1993 Nissan Altima SE Just ROLLED IT!
By Happy Owner

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Original owner since 1983 3rd set of tires, 3rd battery 2nd set of brake pads. Great running car!

rear spoiler and sun roof

have loved this car
By dlb

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

This has been a wonderful car! Hardly ever in for repairs - it is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Acceleration is great with the 5-speed and it holds turns well. However, the turning radius is bigger than I would prefer. Seats are comfortable and it has fit my family of four in reasonable comfort over the years. We just keep it as a spare car now for when my two newer cars (another Nissan and a Honda) go in the shop. I wanted to pass it on to my daughter who is off to college, but she doesn't want to learn a stick. Guess I'll save it for my son who will get his license in about a year. This car now has 185,000 and still runnning strong

Acceleration and handling. Good interior room for a sporty car. Dependability!

cupholders are useless, but hey it was '93, what do you expect. The body has always dented easily and has gotten quite rusty now.

closing 200,000
By TGOT

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Even though I just bought this car fairly recently i havent found any inkling of a problem. Previous owners kept with scheduled maintenance and I myself look forward to driving proudly to the dealer within the year for the 200000 mile tune up. Overall reliable car, lots of comforts, fuel economy is good if you drive properly, and a trooper when it comes to beatings.

Sunroof, interior styling, fuel economy

none

10 Years and going . . .
By Proud-owner

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

With over 105,000 miles, this car is still going strong. Only standard repairs have been done: breaks, struts, hoses, belts and regular scheduled Nissan maintenance. I love the altima's original style and performance, good thing Nissan brought the fun back to the Altima in 2002. I bought a new maxima for the wife, but kept the 1993 Altima for me.

Style, performance, trouble free car.

Nissan did them in the 2002 model.

Okay car
By blondeinanissan

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

With 86,000 miles on my SE it still looks good, the only problems I've had with it are: throw-out bearing in the clutch needs replaced (big problem!), fan/heater/AC only works when it's on full-blast and the dash lights will only work when on the brightest setting. Other than those few problems, the car has great pick-up (except when the AC is on) and I love the way it looks with the spoiler, moonroof and alloy wheels.

All around disc breaks (easy to change!), the chrome trim inside and out looks classy, standard fog lights, leg room and pick-up.

Gas mileage sucks, (but maybe it's the way I drive.) The AC/heater problem definently needs to be fixed. Other than that- it's a good car. We'll see what happens in the next 100,000 miles!