1993 Nissan Altima 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1993 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

SE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
1993 Nissan Altima SE Just ROLLED IT!
By Happy Owner on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Original owner since 1983 3rd set of tires, 3rd battery 2nd set of brake pads. Great running car!

have loved this car
By dlb on 05/10/05 12:59 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

This has been a wonderful car! Hardly ever in for repairs - it is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Acceleration is great with the 5-speed and it holds turns well. However, the turning radius is bigger than I would prefer. Seats are comfortable and it has fit my family of four in reasonable comfort over the years. We just keep it as a spare car now for when my two newer cars (another Nissan and a Honda) go in the shop. I wanted to pass it on to my daughter who is off to college, but she doesn't want to learn a stick. Guess I'll save it for my son who will get his license in about a year. This car now has 185,000 and still runnning strong

closing 200,000
By TGOT on 05/03/05 08:37 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Even though I just bought this car fairly recently i havent found any inkling of a problem. Previous owners kept with scheduled maintenance and I myself look forward to driving proudly to the dealer within the year for the 200000 mile tune up. Overall reliable car, lots of comforts, fuel economy is good if you drive properly, and a trooper when it comes to beatings.

10 Years and going . . .
By Proud-owner on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

With over 105,000 miles, this car is still going strong. Only standard repairs have been done: breaks, struts, hoses, belts and regular scheduled Nissan maintenance. I love the altima's original style and performance, good thing Nissan brought the fun back to the Altima in 2002. I bought a new maxima for the wife, but kept the 1993 Altima for me.

Okay car
By blondeinanissan on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

With 86,000 miles on my SE it still looks good, the only problems I've had with it are: throw-out bearing in the clutch needs replaced (big problem!), fan/heater/AC only works when it's on full-blast and the dash lights will only work when on the brightest setting. Other than those few problems, the car has great pick-up (except when the AC is on) and I love the way it looks with the spoiler, moonroof and alloy wheels.

Long Lasting
By Kansas City on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Having owned this car for 7 1/2 years I would say that while it hasn't been my favorite car based on appearance, it has been an extremely reliable car with very few trips to the shop. (Knock wood) It's an extremely practical car too. We have 2 children in car seats and it has accommodated our family well. I'm setting my eyes now on the 2002 Altimas.

Good and Bad
By 1stCar on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I got my altima in my junior year of high school as a bitrhday present from my parents. Its been ok, just ok. While the acceleration/braking are both good and the car is very comfortable, I have had problems with it. In spite of below average fuel economy the gear selector often refuses to shift out of park. I have also had problems with the power accesories, but then again, the car is 9 years old. While the exterior looks good, the build quality is just average. I have had part of the grill come loose a couple times and got a big dent in the bumper when I backed into another car by mistake in a parking lot once at 5 mph.