Used 1993 Nissan Altima GXE Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

1993 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Surprisingly good acceleration, smooth ride !
By Jason

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1993 Altima GXE 126,000 miles in August 2015. Im 6 foot tall. Front legroom is a little cramped for a car of it's class, but manageable. Installed new Monroe Sensatracs on all four wheels. It's ride quality is very smooth in all conditions. Handling is average as there is noticeable body roll on moderate turns. The turning radius is wide like larger cars : ( . However acceleration is very healthy with the 2.4 liter engine and 5 speed manual making this car pleasant to drive on my daily commute. I'm averaging 30 MPG mixed city/highway driving in Denver,CO using the factory recommended 87 octane gas. If you have hubcaps on your Altima, get rims as these cars like to toss them like frisbees over time . The biggest quirks of these Altimas are engine oil leaks at the valve cover, especially where the spark plugs are and occasional power steering fluid leaks on the steering rack. Check those areas when shopping for a 1990s Altima . Otherwise a decent looking car and healthy engine acceleration even by today's standards.

I'm in Love with my Altima
By AmyBeth4

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I drove my '93 car off the showroom floor in August of '93. It has 157,000 miles on it and still runs great. (Had to replace both axels, a couple of fuel injectors and the starter over the years.) Still on the ORIGINAL clutch. I've never seen a more reliable car in my life. Lots of stupid minor breakdowns, like the center console latch, the driver's sun visor and the FM portion of the radio barely works anymore. I'd take a working, reliable engine over all of that any day.

Interior wood finish, automatic seatbelts, reliability.

Any improvements needed have probably been improved by now.

rare diamond in the rough
By asus29

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I have a 93 stanza Altima GXE, I dont't know why other Altima's don't do 40 mpg, but I get 40 mpg interstate driving, town city 26, the car has 217000 miles on car, the car was brought new from my parents in 93, the car been to Canada more times I can count, a very reliable car, had problem with the new E-10 Ethanol car stalling, the problem was resolved a Ethanol kit solved the problem. I was in a accident from the rear a new car ran in back of me pushing me into another car, my car was fixed by me (2008)cost 700 dollars included paint hood and trunk lid. rear bumper thats all.no damage or body to frame. the car that hit me was a new 2002 crown victoria that car was not driveable

the automatic seat belts, the seats, styling of the car, and trunk space, radio, a/c, and the gas mileage 40 mpg and 26 city and its not a hybrid.

can't improve perfection.

Runs forever
By h0liday2005

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I've only had the car a year, but when I got it it had 283,000 miles on it, now it has 293,000 and it still runs very well. I haven't had a problem with the motor at all. It gets up to speed fast, and it hasn't let me down yet. I've only had to replace the starter.

Old faithful
By It's Me

1993 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

This car has exterior and interior rattles and lackluster acceleration. However, with all its faults, it's the most reliable car I've ever owned, and it's also been very inexpensive to maintain. It still averages around 27 miles per gallon, and that's not bad considering it has 210,000 miles!

Reliability. Not a very exciting car, but you won't have it in the shop more than you have it on the road! =)

The improvements have already been implemented in the newest Altimas, although the gas mileage has gone down.