1993 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Few minor issues, otherwise great car
By Kishlak on 12/07/04 13:23 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I had good experience with my 1993 Nissan Altima despite its age. I drove in all weather, snow, ice, mountains, forests and was impressed with its performance for an ordinary 2 wheel drive car. This is the first generation of this model, which I believe is one of the best ones built by Nissan.

Great Car
By Altima.Own-GLE on 11/27/04 16:38 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a priest for $7,800 w/ 78,000 miles. This car also had the on screen display (which puts your speed on the windshield). This car was great. I sold it in 2002 w/ 124,000 miles b/c I wanted a 4wd for the snow. For approx. 50,000 miles and 5 years, the car was wonderful. There was nothing out of the ordinary. Excellent & always reliable.However, when I was selling it, they found a $1,000 oil leak that was "normal for Altimas." Either way - the oil leak was minor and the car was fantastic. It was my first & certainly won't be my last. Nissan is great & I plan on getting the 350z Roadster. I will be a customer for life.

Very good cheap car
By J-mike on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car from the Nissan dealership as the 2nd owner for only $5500 with 99K miles on it. The first owner had the extended 100K mile warranty and bought a new Maxima. It's been a little over 2 year's and i have doubled the vehicle mileage to 200K miles and the thing still goes strong. The engine is great. Runs like a champ and starts every time. Have had problems though. The timing chain went bad around 142K and was expensive at $1100. WARNING. Make sure the timing chain is fixed preferebly by Nissan as a shade tree job can end up costing you a lot more in the long run.

good to me for many years
By xrv on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I have had the pleasure of driving this vehicle for 10 years now and it has shown me nothing but good times. I have made sure I have kept up with the maintenance and thusly have had little or noe problem. It is sneaky fast often underestimated for its accelaration.Even to this day it still has enough power to have fun with.I still enjoy driving it everyday.

Not so good experience
By jhooda on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Radiator Leakage: The plastic radiator seam opened up near the cap, requiring new radiator @ 110K. Power Antenna: Stopped working @ 115K. Am/Fm/Cd dash lights no longer work Water Pump: Original corroded and damaged belts too @ 125K. Distributor: Changed at 144K. Timing chain noise: Fixed at 145K Power steering hose leakage at all of the joins around 130K