2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Thoroughly Satisfied

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Review

Thoroughly Satisfied
By Scott D. on

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for 9 days. I am thoroughly satisfied to say the least. My first tank of gas lasted 651 miles and I got 37.1 MPG. I would characterize my driving style this 1st week at light to light-moderate. With moderate driving I would expect more like 33-35MPG, excellent for a car this size. Last car was an '08 Sentra. No problems and it had 63,000 miles. I upgraded due to 4K Nissan cash back and 2,350 federal tax cred on the hybrid. Comparing this car to the Sentra is almost pointless. Sentra was high revving with the CVT and a bit small for me. The Altima is far more comfortable and gets up and performs with ease. I expect reliability on par with the Sentra.

Favorite Features

Hybrid system is almost seamless. Dual zone climate, comfortable and stylish interior, engine revs are lower with e-cvt in this car, steering and handling is tight, solid build, tilt-telescope wheel, powerful air cond. and of course the gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

More powerful electric motor to hit 45 MPH without engine support. 35 MPH is a bit slow around town. Center console cup holder arrangement could be better; trunk is small due to batteries for hybrid system. Minor complaints. No fog lights is annoying.