2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (17 reviews )
Understated Performance
By ed on 02/22/10 06:27 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

While not a BMW performer, the Altima Hybrid is an understated performer, outclassing the competition by far. I test drove every hybrid to include Lexus and dollar for dollar this car is totally a winner. Fusion has comparable interior space and looks, but the auto doesn't match the pick-up of Altima. Forget Prius and Insight, they are not in this class, ride or pick-up. The Altima rides very smoothly and has the feel of a much larger auto with the economy that tells you why you got into the vehicle in the first place. Just test it and see. There could be a little more room in the trunk, but two or three golf bags can fit easily. A family might want to consider suitcase size.

Never mind hybrid
By one on 02/13/10 05:58 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive this as a company vehicle. Nissan spec 35MPG city has to happen yet. I drive it very gently and it gets around 25MPG when cold. When driving in cold weather, it takes around 10 miles of driving before the vehicle starts going in EV mode. Once the EV mode starts working, MPG get better, around 31MPG. Engine restarts are very noticeable with some hesitation. For those reasons I would never buy this as personal vehicle as the gas sevings are marginal and do not justify the extra sticker price and possible problems associated with extra technology. Go with the 2.5 gas instead.

Altima Hybrid better than Camry Hybrid
By vsimeonov on 01/02/10 13:58 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2010 Altima Hybrid drives like a real car (198 hp tend to do that) without the hybrid sluggishness or hesitation. I also test drove a 2010 Camry Hybrid and was disappointed. Its sluggish acceleration, noticeable interaction between the gasoline and electric motor and cheap interior doomed a purchase I was sold on by my research. Toyota has been slipping for about 5 years now but this was a surprise. Then I decided to try the 2010 Altima Hybrid, loved it and bought it. The two cars have identical hybrid technology, except the electric motor and batteries are Nissan's. The Altima's 2.5L engine is also superior to the aging 2.4L of the Camry. I gave the Altima a chance and it simply won out.

A Great Car!
By Alan on 12/29/09 08:19 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid as a replacement for a 2004 Toyota Prius. While the Nissan doesn't get the fuel economy of the Prius (then again what does?), it outshines the Prius in every other area. I purchased it fully loaded, but then again, I didn't have much of a choice as one must purchase options in big packages in order to get the ones that you really want. Not the best way to package options to be sure... Overall, it drives very well, and inspires confidence around corners and accelerates well to get on a highway. I would certainly recommend this car to a friend as it combines good fuel economy (I've averaged 35 so far), with get-up-and-go!

Peppiest and nices looking of the Hybrid
By Chris on 12/13/09 06:52 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is an early review so I'll amend it later if anything changes. Like the previous reviewer, I was looking at the Milan/Fusion hybrids (other models are not practical for New England driving, in my opinion) and was most tempted by the superior gas mileage (and in my state, sales tax is waived for vehicle getting over 40mpg). Not something to off-handedly dismiss. HOWEVER, the pickup and styling of this care just smokes the Fusion/Milan. Although I'm doing this mostly for environmental concerns; I still care about aesthetics. My model is fully loaded.

Great car at a great price
By Alan on 12/11/09 07:46 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this car to replace my 2004 Toyota Prius. Now granted I gave up a few things, like space in the back (40 cubic feet in the Prius versus 10 in the Altima)and about 16 MPG on average (50 MPG with the Prius versus 34 in the Altima), but I gained a much more agile and quicker car, not to mention some added luxury. I purchased the 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid fully loaded and for 30k, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal elsewhere. The automotive press says that the car is noisy, but no more so than any other hybrid, though the regen brakes do make some noise more than the Prius does.

Read this Review
By Sam on 11/28/09 16:00 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great. Car. Great Value. I got a fully loaded Altima MSRP 34,910 for 31,100. $500 Cash back, 0.9%, and $2350 tax credit. Even though the Ford Fusion gets better gas mileage, you can't compare the value. You just can't. Fords Sync system is cooler, but not worth the money you could be saving. All I can tell you is, NO regrets. None. Best value and fun for your money. Nissan also Offers a 8 year / 150,000 mile warranty bumper to bumper warranty. I got mine for $2,100. That made a huge difference. Think about that warranty...it's an excellent deal!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid in VA is:

$136 per month*