2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (17 reviews )
Love it
By DAVID CARLSON on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This was my first Nissan and hybrid. The car is a pleasure to drive. Has room for three grand children in the back seat and with the four door model can enter and exit easily. I am glad I did not buy an SUV instead. Getting 37 to 39 mpg ans saving every day.

Looks and feels much more expensive
By Gib on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted a hybrid and the Altima had the best combination of good looks and performance. With the incentives they were offering and the tax deduction they still qualify for it was too good to pass up. It has very nice exterior styling and the interior looks more expensive then it is, especially in the charcoal leather. The fuel economy is very good as long as you don't try to test the strong acceleration at every chance. It really drives and handles very well. Usually the transition to/from the ICE is smooth but sometimes there is some vibration. I do wish it would stay in EV mode more easily. You really need a light touch to keep it there.

Great Car
By nissancrazy on 08/25/10 19:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car a in July. Averaging about 33 mpg mixed city and highway. Plenty of power, used to have '03 with 4 cylinder and didn't move, complete opposite. Electric to gas transition is barely noticeable. Replaced '06 Acura TL (17 mpg with same driving) and have not regretted it yet.

Passenger seat
By Aktija on 08/24/10 14:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Passenger seat with the premium package has only two manual positions. Forward and reclining back. The seat cannot be elevated. It is very low, slightly sloping forward which makes longer rides uncomfortable. It is also inconvenient for shorter people.

A great model for a keeper
By stan on 07/07/10 12:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As a previous driver of an 06,07,08 altima I thought it would be time to try the hybrid. I am glad I did! The car is peppier than I thought it would be, the ride quality is somewhat firmer than the other 2.5 sedans. The gas mileage indicates 37.1 mpg overall on the computer average which I have reset initially on fill up @purchase. The transition back and forth from gas/battery is very smooth, a quality I was waiting to experience after reading some reviews. I feel the car will hold its value and the price on memorial day was great. My first Nissan was an 86 maxima then a 2000 max before going to the altima in 06. Who knows I may keep this one awhile!

Well worth it
By Nissan Lover on 06/28/10 07:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got a fully loaded version about a mopnth ago. Gas mileage so far is 33.6 MPG, consistent with what they publish. Having the gas engine cut out at low MPH takes some getting used to but the car still has good acceleration (consider it has more HP than the V4 Altima). Also is a very comfortable ride and looks sharp. Not only is it better for the environment, but the cash rebate makes it comparable in $ to a similarly equipped V4 and with the tax credit of $2,350 and the better fuel efficiency, this seems like a much better deal.

2010 Hybrid Altima for 13K below MSRP
By Aman on 06/04/10 23:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought fully equipped 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid (MSRP $34,940) for 13K below sticker price including Nissan rebate, dealer rebate and tax credit. Great price for the set of features with 198 hp hybrid vehicle. Ride is smooth and the gas/EV transition is seamless. Decent leg (44.1/35.8) and head (44.1/35.8) room. Lucky to be in one of the 8 states where Nissan Altima hybrid is currently available.

Thoroughly Satisfied
By Scott D. on 05/24/10 06:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for 9 days. I am thoroughly satisfied to say the least. My first tank of gas lasted 651 miles and I got 37.1 MPG. I would characterize my driving style this 1st week at light to light-moderate. With moderate driving I would expect more like 33-35MPG, excellent for a car this size. Last car was an '08 Sentra. No problems and it had 63,000 miles. I upgraded due to 4K Nissan cash back and 2,350 federal tax cred on the hybrid. Comparing this car to the Sentra is almost pointless. Sentra was high revving with the CVT and a bit small for me. The Altima is far more comfortable and gets up and performs with ease. I expect reliability on par with the Sentra.

Great Car
By Troy on 05/17/10 15:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased this weekend and first tank I'm getting 32 MPG. The transition from EV to Gas is rather seamless. Don't get fooled on performance, while a hybrid it still has plenty of power. With Nissan's 4k rebate it was too good to pass up.

An Understated Hybrid
By Understated on 04/17/10 21:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased 12/16/2009, now has 4800 miles. Love the quiet, fuel savings and that I'm not polluting when at traffic lights, slow traffic or drive- throughs. It is fun to watch the MPG go up, when non-hybrids MPG's are going down. At the time, Nissan was the only one which qualified for Federal Tax Rebates. It has all the options except Navigation, including leather. A NUVI is a good substitute, still I would have liked in dash navigation.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid in VA is:

$136 per month*