2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Great combination of features

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Review

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Great combination of features
By Rich Newton on

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The main selling point for me was the fuel economy and emissions. The NAH is rated one of the five top-rated cars for fuel efficiency and emissions at the EPA web site. After driving the car for a month, I believe I made the right decision. It doesn't feel as "floaty" as some of the more luxury cars that I test drove, but has much more power and better handling than the other hybrids I drove. While it doesn't get as good mileage as the Prius or Honda Civic Hybrid, it's much more enjoyable and comfortable to drive.

Favorite Features

Good mileage and emissions. Bose stereo sounds great. Keyless entry. Engine/road noise not bad.

Suggested Improvements

A real iPod integration - currently it only has an aux input. Also could use better integration of XM radio features. You can't use the radio presets to save favorite XM stations. It takes awhile to change stations a hundred channels apart - you have to hold the button down for about 15 seconds.