A big & tall persons fun hybrid
By Mr G. on
2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I am a new owner and very pleased with first month of driving. I am 6'5" an 275# - too big for most cars and so have been driving vans/pickups - but I tried an Altima at an autoshow and found I fit great in this car. I have only owned for a short time but so far the Altima Hybrid performs well, has a quiet comfortable ride, gets good mileage (now averaging 31+mpg driving aggressive) , it seems to have good build quality/materials - I got convenience package only. I also think it is remarkably fun to drive - far more sporty and quick than my wife's non-hybrid 4-cyl Accord. Also runs in whisper quiet EV mode up to around 25-30mph - which is lots of fun on twisty rural backroads.
Favorite Features
best leg room/head room combo in a mid-size sedan, fun to drive, smart key is nice, EV mode has good torque and is silent. Green & fun.
Suggested Improvements
Wish it had twice as powerful an electric motor so the cutover to gas was even less needed. Nissan would probably need to go to Li-Ion batteries to do that - but that would make it a *really* sporty greenmobile.