2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (32 reviews )
'09 Altima hybrid base model
By Happy Owner on 03/11/09 08:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got base model for $21995 after rebate, incl destination fee. If the price hadn't been so low, the fuel benefit wouldn't have outweighed the added cost. LOVE it. The accel. is as good as my old accord, & better than my wife's civic. Poor Braking distance is non- issue; it feels like it can stop on a dime, even at 3500 lbs. The eCVT is ideal; I have never driven a continuous transmission. Has abundant safety features for my family, and I was even surprised that alloy wheels are standard (although I don't know the added benefit of alloys, just that they cost more). A small thing I love is the key. Just have it in your pocket, & you can open the trunk, unlock doors, & start the car!

Exceeds my expectations
By happy camper on 11/15/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is a blast to drive. The MPG on the first tank was 36.5 for over 300 miles, both city and highway driving (Nissan promised 34 mpg combined). The design of the inside and outside of the car is wonderful. My only complaint is that we did not buy this car earlier. We purchased this car with every toy possible.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan in NJ is:

$215 per month*