2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (32 reviews )
Great Ride - Great Car - Great Price
By Desh9583 on 01/26/10 08:37 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the Altima Hyb because I tend to do alot of miles. The ride is exceptional and the car doesn't feel like you're driving a tree hugging eco- friendly little car, unless you do then that's cool. The Altima Hyb has great pick up and has very smooth transition from the electric motor to the gas powered engine. 198 HP, sleek styling and awesome interior features such as Bose 6 disc, heated leather seats, navigation and reverse cam make this car a great choice. I chose this over the Acura TSX and have not been dissappointed. I am currently averaging about 33.8 MPG which isnt great but much better than what I used to get. Nissans are a great choice and they hold up their values really well.

Update after 1st service, 3500 miles
By Ralph on 10/27/09 20:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Update: Mileage has improved to 35.2 driving to work and around town. Zero fit, finish or operating problems to this point. Interior heating, a/c, radio, switches easy to use and convenient. Feature I do not like is charging port for my cell phone, it is inside center storage and not easy to see and plug in the plug.

Good Buy
By NissanMan on 10/13/09 11:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Good Hybrid alternative to Toyota and Honda. Good rebates from Nissan and also could deduct the CT sales tax. overall good car

Agree with "Awesome Car" review
By chasator on 09/23/09 21:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car after looking at the 09 Accord EX-L. The Altima is more sporty, quiet, and more fun to drive. Not to mention the excellent gas mileage. With the current Nissan rebate of $3250 and tax incentive, the price is hard to beat. You will not be disappointed in this car.

Love my Altima Hybrid
By db59 on 09/19/09 14:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Altima Hybrid is a true Jekyll & Hyde. It saves me gas and its sporty and fun to drive. It has enough room for my family, I can stretch out in it and it looks great. When the spirit moves me and I just have to get away fast I hit the pedal to the metal and the electric motor feels like a supercharger as it pushes the 2.5 over 100mph!

New Owner
By Ralph on 09/16/09 08:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very good driving experience so far;1800 miles, with one 600 mile road trip. Car has convenience package with electric driver seat, cloth interior (preferred over leather). Smooth, quiet ride, with easy and responsive handling. Size of car is comfortable for family of four on a short to medium trip, so far. MPG so far; low 29, high 34 mpg.

Stay away from Nissan
By Miguel on 09/14/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Extremely disappointed - first and last Nissan. Vehicle initially worked fine for first month than began to shake violently when going into EV mode. Dealer "fixed" it but now it will not drive in EV Mode. Been back to two separate dealers both of which say its normal. First said it has "learned" my driving habits so it won't drive in EV the second claims EV does not work when the air conditioning is on (doesn't seem to work with it off) 6,000 miles on it and am ready to unload it.

Awesome car
By Clifee on 08/27/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I thought I was going to buy a 2010 Prius. I was just waiting for the right one to become available when I happened upon the Altima Hybrid. What a stroke of luck! It is so much more car for less money, as it turned out. The Altima I got is fully loaded, and is a GREAT car. It drives beautifully, with power when you need it, and little road noise, lots of comfort and great handling. I marvel at the technology that has gone into this car. Truly remarkable. I highly recommend this car to anyone considering a hybrid. At least give it a test drive! The mileage is pretty good (35 mpg so far), and the tax incentives are great $2350 federal, and $1500 state (OR). Nissan is making great deals now.

GREAT Car
By SO Happy on 08/21/09 19:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Honestly one of the best "eco" cars we looked at. After considering a Prius and a Jetta TDI, we went with the Altima and could not be happier. Although the fuel economy of the prius would have been better, it doesn't have the comfort or size that the Altima has. BOSE audio sounds great and is the best audio system of all the others we looked at. Altima also handles and drives better overall than any other hybrid we looked at. Overall, we could not be happier with the Altima because of its great performance and how fun it is to drive!

A big & tall persons fun hybrid
By Mr G. on 08/07/09 18:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am a new owner and very pleased with first month of driving. I am 6'5" an 275# - too big for most cars and so have been driving vans/pickups - but I tried an Altima at an autoshow and found I fit great in this car. I have only owned for a short time but so far the Altima Hybrid performs well, has a quiet comfortable ride, gets good mileage (now averaging 31+mpg driving aggressive) , it seems to have good build quality/materials - I got convenience package only. I also think it is remarkably fun to drive - far more sporty and quick than my wife's non-hybrid 4-cyl Accord. Also runs in whisper quiet EV mode up to around 25-30mph - which is lots of fun on twisty rural backroads.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid in VA is:

$126 per month*