2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid Consumer Review: 26K Miles, Not 1 Problem

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Review

26K Miles, Not 1 Problem
By lionnation on

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased a silver/black 2009 NAH loaded w/every option Dec 09; sticker was just under $35K. After dealer, manufacturer, and tax breaks, paid about $26.5K! The car is solid, comfortable, supportive for a 6'2", 200-lb frame driver. I still can't believe the great acceleration. And the gas mileage is getting better. Just got back from a trip which is optimal for maximizing gas mileage, averaging 55 MPH, got 44.5 MPG on 108 mile trip! The NAV is good, but not great. The BOSE sound system is very good. I had an 06 Civic Hybrid, which I liked but it was too hard on my back (old lumbar injury), so upgraded to this heavier hybrid, and sometimes I feel like it's a Cadillac in terms of ride quality.

External appearance, which I upgraded by tinting windows and adding rain guards. Sunroof, in-dash NAV, heated seats, soundsystem, acceleration, comfort, rearview camera, consistently getting ~ 700 miles on a tank of gas, lots of storage around the driver, which I need for my mobile office, bluetooth.

Improve awkward angle into arm rest compartment, which I access a lot (has 1 of the 2 charger adapters, holds CDs, etc). Interior/dash area somewhat bland looking, and leather seats, too, could use stitching - in fact, perforated so A/C can come thru them would be great! Would like more trunk space, but can handle 2 sets of golf clubs if nothing else is in there.