2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - '09 Altima hybrid base model

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

'09 Altima hybrid base model
By Happy Owner on

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got base model for $21995 after rebate, incl destination fee. If the price hadn't been so low, the fuel benefit wouldn't have outweighed the added cost. LOVE it. The accel. is as good as my old accord, & better than my wife's civic. Poor Braking distance is non- issue; it feels like it can stop on a dime, even at 3500 lbs. The eCVT is ideal; I have never driven a continuous transmission. Has abundant safety features for my family, and I was even surprised that alloy wheels are standard (although I don't know the added benefit of alloys, just that they cost more). A small thing I love is the key. Just have it in your pocket, & you can open the trunk, unlock doors, & start the car!

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency, interior space, appearance, acceleration & braking, LOVE the smart key.

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space, parking brake should be between driver & passenger for easy accessibility (easier to control skidding turns in snow/ice; I can't use a foot e-brake/release combo to control in skid).