2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Consumer Review: Best of Both Worlds!

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Best of Both Worlds!
By Hospice Nurse on

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Altima Hybrid is just a great car. Love the look, I have the metallic jade green and get positive comments all the time. I'm a hospice nurse and spend my days driving to my patients' homes, so I make a lot of 5-10 mile trips and spend a lot of time in the car. I can drive it responsibly and get about 35-37 mpg, or drive it aggressively and get 30-32 mpg. Comfort is important to me and it is very quiet and comfortable. In addition to getting great mileage in town, it is a strong highway cruiser. My wife loves driving it on the highway, the acceleration is awesome. We call it the "Green Ghost."

With federal and state tax credits, total price is unbelievable for a car of this quality. Good handling with quiet, comfortable ride.

Smooth out the rumble when the gas motor engages. Make it easier to stay in electric mode up to 40 mph. Make them available in all 50 states. Ship more base models, which have traction and stability control, auto dual climate control and are real comfortable without $10,000 of extra stuff.