2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Consumer Review: Loved it for 5 days!

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

Loved it for 5 days!
By Jim Warrick on

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had been researching different vehicles to buy for some time with particular interest in hybrid technology. I enjoy driving but wanted to save gas, I didn't necessarily care if it cost me more to save gas. I would rather spend the money on the car than give it to OPEC and contribute to the myriad of problems we have in the world today. Test driving the car was great, first few days of ownership, great! Now the service engine light is on, not great. I'm told I have to take a day off and possibly leave it overnight. Really not great. So much for Nissan reliability!

Nav packages gets you everything you could ever want! The back-up camera, bluetooth, and Bose sound is awesome! Comfortable, uber adjustable, supportive driver's seat. Great AC!

Reliability, reliability, reliability! No one should only get one week of fun in their super expensive car. Free rental car when your $35,000 car craps out. Better cornering, this is a weak area.