2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Consumer Review: So far, so good

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Review

So far, so good
By Leslee in Tucson on

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's been a little over 2 years since I purchased Blondie ( named for the "blond" leather interior). No major problems to deal with, so far, so good. I do mixed freeway/city driving. In Tucson's heat, using the A/C which works great here in AZ by the way, I get 31 mpg. In our milder winters, I've been getting 34 mpg. The mpg are a slight disappointment but still better than 14 yr old Volvo. Still love the look, acceleration and roomy interior. Still not used to door locking system or less tight turning ability (is that torque?) Nervous about future cost to replace cell. Small trunk no problem; no kids and not much travel. So far, so good.

The exterior has a nice sporty look. Very happy with blond leather interior; very comfy for front psgrs. The A/C is awesome, even in Arizona summers. Garage remote is great. And, I like the driver finger controls on the steering wheel.

Still don't like logic behind the door locking/system, compared to my old Volvo. Also, doesn't make the tight turns, for parking etc, as the old Volvo. The sound system is ok. I start to get dashboard vibrations at level 6 volume.Luckily, I listen to talk radio more than music. Gas mileage is fair.