A very satisfying choice!
By VinnieColaiuta on
2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've had my NAH for 3 months, and I'm loving it. I drove an Acura TSX before, and the Altima is not as much fun, but it has plenty of pep and compelling driving dynamics. I'm pleased with an average of 34-35 MPG, but I am driving like Grandma to get those numbers. It's loaded except for navi: heated leather, Bose stereo, blueto. This car is a lot prettier than a Prius and is more fun to drive than the Camry Hybrid. The interior layout is excellent: controls are easy to read and to reach, and everything feels carefully designed. The modest rumble that you feel/hear when the gasoline engine kicks in does not bother me at all (some folks seem to mind). All in all - great car!
Favorite Features
Smooth but engaging ride. 34-35 MPG. Large storage compartments. Bose stereo. Bluetooth interface. Interior/Exterior design. Excellent dual-climate control. Luxury feel for under $30,000.
Suggested Improvements
Fog lights. Xenon headlamps. Memory seats. Increased trunk space (a trade-off because of the battery). Integrated iPod dock. Softer or perforated leather.