Used 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (59 reviews )

By Psquared

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car gets more compliments than any other car I have ever owned. Handles great, plenty of power precise handling.

XM stereo, GPS... tricky to learn but once you do, works great. Voice recognition, keyless entry are all great options. Rear seat room is fantastic as well.

Both seats should be power not just the drivers. Memory position for seats! A fog light kit, have the spot built in the front spoiler but no kit..what?? Factory Floor mats so cheaply made that they almost look disposable. Nissan should be embarrassed.

2008 Altima Hybrid
By Don

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my NAH in June of 2008 and the first thing I wanted to test was to see how it did in the mountains in New Mexico. We took it to Santa Fe and to Cloudcroft and it never hesitated up those mountain slopes getting 33 mpg on average with regular fuel. We went through a huge thunderstorm where many cars pulled over, we drove right through at 55 mph with no problem, great windshield wipers and traction. The Continental tires could be upgraded to a better gripping tire, but most people probably don't do much driving in the mountains. Over all the Nissan Hybrid is a versatile vehicle that will get you around in style wherever you go, hard to find one though.

Exterior has good fit and finish, interior is quality and functional with plenty of room for four adults. Good power with excellent mileage.

Tires need an upgrade, trunk is small for luggage for four, option packages can give you sticker shock.

Can't Go Wrong
By Tim

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I don't have any regrets or complaints after driving the Altima Hybrid for 2 months. The best mid-size exterior styling, pretty nice interior. MPG is right inline with EPA estimates. My only beef is that it does seem a little heavy. Adding several hundred pounds of batteries between the rear wheels makes the back end a little heavy when corner, but hey, it's a hybrid, so don't expect a sports sedan. Great car.

Smart Key - handy when carry the kids to not have to fumble for a key.

Add additional trunk space. The Camry makes the most of the trunk, the Altima doesn't. Car should automatically shutoff if left on for more than 20 minutes w/out shifting out of Park. Stiffer suspension, the front end really rises and dips under moderate acceleration and braking.

Michael's Review
By Michael

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nice looking car. Mileage in the city is averaging 32 mpg according to the on board mileage calculator. I thought it would be a lot better. Everything is great, the only negative thing is that the gas engine is noisy when it first starts up when the car has not been driven for a while. As the engine warms up it gets a little quieter.

Comfortable to drive. A lot of power and quick acceleration. Just a very nice looking car both inside and out.

Quieter gas engine.

Great car so far
By Robert

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the car 4/11/08 and have almost 7000 miles on it already. The power is great (for a hybrid). So far I wish for a bigger trunk, but I knew that before I purchased it. Braking is top notch and I have never needed more power in passing or on hills. I drive mainly freeway to work and road trips. My gas mileage has been 30-32 mpg avg. I have seen as high as 37 mpg but like I said I drive pretty fast. I average 75-90 on the freeway. The car is very solid at all speeds but does very poorly up to speed with wind.

Technology package is worth the price. leather, bluetooth, Bose stereo, blinkers on the mirror and many other gadgets and features. The steering is very light and nimble and doesn't compare with any other mid-size car on the market.

I would love to have seat and mirror memory. I am 6'3" and my wife is 5'8"... moving everything all the time is a bit of a pain. Trunk space and maybe a pass through and rear fold down seats would be great but not sure if it would be possible.