2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (59 reviews )
A very satisfying choice!
By VinnieColaiuta on 07/05/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my NAH for 3 months, and I'm loving it. I drove an Acura TSX before, and the Altima is not as much fun, but it has plenty of pep and compelling driving dynamics. I'm pleased with an average of 34-35 MPG, but I am driving like Grandma to get those numbers. It's loaded except for navi: heated leather, Bose stereo, blueto. This car is a lot prettier than a Prius and is more fun to drive than the Camry Hybrid. The interior layout is excellent: controls are easy to read and to reach, and everything feels carefully designed. The modest rumble that you feel/hear when the gasoline engine kicks in does not bother me at all (some folks seem to mind). All in all - great car!

Just what was expected
By Gregg on 07/01/08 05:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've found the fit and finish to be good and the mpg to be a consistent 38 overall. Wanted a practical car that offered some style. Am pleased with the car after 5 months on ownership.

Nissan Altima hybrid
By Bruce D on 06/30/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had my car for 3 weeks, but so far so good. One of the big benefits is the roominess. I'm 6'5'' tall, and I have lots of leg room. The car has surprising power for a hybrid.

Perfect blend of MPG, ride, room, looks
By PalosVerdes on 06/28/08 07:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Perfect. More room, power, fun to drive, and literally bang for the buck than the other Hybrids (Camry, Civic, Prius). With its five star crash ratings, my wife and I feel just as safe as in our Mercedes which we now leave parked in the garage. I have let Civic and Prius owners drive my Altima and they were surprised by the power and handling.

Finally green
By Carlsbad on 06/16/08 23:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought our first hybrid and so far it has been outstanding. After driving a dodge durango for a few years (17 mpg on a good day) it's nice to finally have a car that gives a little back. Great handling, quiet ride, smooth acceleration, and great gas mileage. Looked at other vehicles in same class, Altima won us over mostly due to it's sporty styling and smooth ride. Highly recommend this car to anyone. One more thing, in your instruction manual it states that there are three instances which your engine will run automatically. They are engine warm-up, batt charging and high or low batt temp.

Very Happy Thank You
By Jane on 06/10/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I gave up my 2003 Honda Camry in Jan 08 for the( in my opinion)sexy Altima Hybrid. I don't regret it. I drive 50 miles to and from work 6 days a week. I went from 3 tanks of gas a month to 3tanks of gas every 2 months. I went to San francisco from L A and drove around all week on the same tank of gas . With the camry I had to fill up when I got to San Francisco. I am Very Happy Thank You.

Hybrid Review
By AFM on 06/09/08 18:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the car expecting around 35 mpg. I am at 700 miles and haven't gotten better than 26- 29 mpg. I have to drive for a couple of miles before the ev mode engages. I can even be at a stop and it won't kick in. I expected the ev mode to be on more. It seems the gas engine is always on. I drive 4 miles to work all city driving. I am over half way there before the ev mode comes on. I would have never purchased the car if i am going to get 26-29 mpg especially at this pricepoint.

Super
By Herc95 on 06/03/08 07:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded an Infiniti G35X in on my Altima. I drive approx. 100 miles per day, mostly highway. I used to stop twice a week or more to fill up with Premium unleaded. I now stop less than once per week. I am averaging over 36 miles per gallon, this is with setting the cruise on the highway portion at 73- 74. What a money and time saver. Enjoyable and fun to drive.

Altima Hybrid
By chase on 05/19/08 19:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Almost never goes into ev mode unless I stop or brake under 40. When I first start out in the morning it won't even go in ev when I stop. Maybe the battery needs to charge up? Go on freeway no ev. Get off near work, I go 20mph through the alley, slightest acceleration it goes to gas. computer says I'm getting 31mpg. But it also shows my avg mph at 30 when I drive almost entirely freeway at 80 mph. Drives nice though. Fast and peppy.

The most practical & powerfull hybrid
By Victor on 05/09/08 14:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I agree, it becomes a game to try and keep the vehicle in electric mode to maximize gas mileage. The worst mileage so far is 32 when my son drove it, nuff said, and the best is my driving at 39.6 MPG. Being a survivor of the gas crisis and the long lines for gas in the seventies, the great range is something I was really looking for. Additionally this car will move out quite smartly when you step on it. They have improved on the Toyota system and the CVT is very smooth.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.