2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (59 reviews )
By Psquared on 08/22/08 09:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car gets more compliments than any other car I have ever owned. Handles great, plenty of power precise handling.

2008 Altima Hybrid
By Don on 08/19/08 16:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my NAH in June of 2008 and the first thing I wanted to test was to see how it did in the mountains in New Mexico. We took it to Santa Fe and to Cloudcroft and it never hesitated up those mountain slopes getting 33 mpg on average with regular fuel. We went through a huge thunderstorm where many cars pulled over, we drove right through at 55 mph with no problem, great windshield wipers and traction. The Continental tires could be upgraded to a better gripping tire, but most people probably don't do much driving in the mountains. Over all the Nissan Hybrid is a versatile vehicle that will get you around in style wherever you go, hard to find one though.

Can't Go Wrong
By Tim on 08/12/08 07:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I don't have any regrets or complaints after driving the Altima Hybrid for 2 months. The best mid-size exterior styling, pretty nice interior. MPG is right inline with EPA estimates. My only beef is that it does seem a little heavy. Adding several hundred pounds of batteries between the rear wheels makes the back end a little heavy when corner, but hey, it's a hybrid, so don't expect a sports sedan. Great car.

Michael's Review
By Michael on 07/21/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nice looking car. Mileage in the city is averaging 32 mpg according to the on board mileage calculator. I thought it would be a lot better. Everything is great, the only negative thing is that the gas engine is noisy when it first starts up when the car has not been driven for a while. As the engine warms up it gets a little quieter.

Great car so far
By Robert on 07/20/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the car 4/11/08 and have almost 7000 miles on it already. The power is great (for a hybrid). So far I wish for a bigger trunk, but I knew that before I purchased it. Braking is top notch and I have never needed more power in passing or on hills. I drive mainly freeway to work and road trips. My gas mileage has been 30-32 mpg avg. I have seen as high as 37 mpg but like I said I drive pretty fast. I average 75-90 on the freeway. The car is very solid at all speeds but does very poorly up to speed with wind.

Love it!
By wes in ny on 07/20/08 06:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned my '08 Altima for almost 5 months now and am extremely pleased. There have been absolutely no glitches. MPG range from 32-36, with 50/50 city highway driving. I notice my wife has some difficulty keeping it in EV mode as often as I do. It does take a little practice and experience anticipating hills, stops, etc. But the thing can really move on command! Great having a car that gets over 600 miles on a tank. I've gotten many positive comments about its sleek styling. Nothing negative to offer.

Buy it!
By Herc95 on 07/18/08 10:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have drive my Altima Hybrid for about 2 months now. It performs superbly. Most of my driving is highway. I set the cruise at about 75 mph and I am averaging 35 mpg. I have every option and the car is exceeding all expectations. When you need to accelerate the gas engine is more than up to the task. I highly recommend this car.

Nissan has Solid Hybrid
By CH on 07/10/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased the car for my commute to work and while I haven't driven it enough to be an authority user, I'm pleased overall with the car and its performance: ride is smooth. Got the tech package which may not be worth the $ since the nav system isn't as intuitive as others in the aftermarket. Also, while the rear camera is cool, I don't use it much since parking habits die hard. My biggest complaint revolves around the vibrations when system goes from EV to gas mode and back - it's very noticeable. Potential buyers: test drive! The brakes also seem to 'kick-back' at times and I'm not sure whether this is b/c the car is new, if it's the VDC kicking on or something else.

Altima
By Bridge on 07/10/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just think the car is beautiful, elegant and stylish and on top of that affordable! I don't need to spend money on a Benz or BMW when I can get a car just a nice for much less!

08 Altima Hybrid, 38.4 mpg Mountain Hwy
By Bob on 07/09/08 09:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is my second hybrid and is a real road worthy sedan. Returning from Carson City, NV to Novato, CA over the Sierras we averaged 38.4 mpg and legal highway speeds. This trip was 210 miles over 4 hours on a quarter of a tank of regular gas. I am very pleased with the cabin and trunk capacity and enjoy driving this vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.