2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Consumer Review: Maximum compromise

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Maximum compromise
By Dan on

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Altima Hybrid was more my wifeís insistence than my desire. Was I surprised, the style is really nice, the room is surprising, I can now easily put in the two car seats in the back seat for my grand children. The pickup was very impressive; the hybrid 2.5 has approximately 50 more horse power than the standard 2.5.I spend considerable time driving in Boston and Worcester, so city driving for me is considerable, I average about 34 mpg city, and Of course Iím always playing to keep in the EV modeÖ I own a rather large pickup truck for hauling my boat. I truly feel this vehicle sort of balances out my gas situation. I have owned this vehicle for 8 months and it keeps impressing me.

My purchase of a hybrid never would have happened if I was to be stuck again in one of those small jobs, this mid size was perfect. This car does not make me feel like Dork numero uno. A bit shallow maybe, but that's the way it is. A great feature was the tax break I received back then.

Of course better gas millage, always better gas millage... But donít compromise performance for it.