Great Car
By fms on
2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've had the car for 3 months and have over 4,000 miles on it. I am tall (6'6") and I have plenty of head and legroom and an adult can fit comfortably behind me. Gas mileage is less than the EPA rating by quite a bit, but it's still very good. Average mileage has been 32 mpg. On a level freeway at 65-70 mph, I get around 36-38 mpg (approx. equal to EPA). With hills the highway mileage drops to about 30 mpg. On city streets, with lots of stop and go, the mileage is in the low 30s (much less than EPA). The best mileage is achieved in slow moving or stop and go commute traffic, where I have gotten above 50 mpg. I don't regularly commute with the car, but anyone who does should have a hybrid.
Favorite Features
Quiet operation in EV mode. The fact that I can fit (there's not enough headroom in the Prius or Camry). The availability of 200 HP in a hybrid vehicle and the standard VDC, traction control and alloy wheels.
Suggested Improvements
The front window tint is annoying. I have gotten used ito it, but it cuts through the middle of my field of vision. It should either be raised or graduated so that its inset does not form a sharp line in the field of vision. I would like to have a larger trunk.