2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (56 reviews )
Sadly won't recommend.
By Michael on 07/26/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First the good - test drove plenty of cars even in class above the Altima and kept coming back to this car. I went back and forth between the performance of the V6 and sensibility of the hybrid. Finally chose the hybrid and, while it is certainly no V6, this car has plenty of spunk and still fun to drive. Live in San Diego and drive 50/50 city/highway. The on board message center says I am getting 38 mpg but based on mileage and gallons I am putting in it is more like 32. The bad - I have had the car 2 months, 2900 miles. It has been in the shop over 20 days as of now and still is there.

Yup. It's That Good.
By Steve T. on 07/24/07 17:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've had our hybrid for about a month now. It is a very well-designed, comfortable car. We get exactly the EPA estimates on the freeway (36 MPG) but around town we're only in the low 30s. The dealer tells us this will get better as the engine breaks in (we HAVE noticed a slight increase). We have the full package with nav, XM, and all the right stuff. The owner's manuals stack up to over an inch thick (not exaggerating). Lots of things to play with! Everything is designed with typical Japanese attention to detail. I'm 6'1" and fit in both front and back seats with no problems at all. The new body is very rigid and quiet, and attracts a lot of looks from other drivers.

Awesome car!
By Tan Pham on 07/18/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car! The car is awesome to drive. Must get the tech package! The tech package include leather seat, nav, sat radio, rear cam, bose system, mp3 ready, 6 disc changer, moon roof. Comes standard with dual temp, push start, smart key, heated seats and other awesome stuff. The interior is amazing! I love the dash board, esp at night. Looks very cool. I compared with other hybrid such as the camry, prius, civic and accord. So far, the Altima is the best with speed and cool gizmo.

Great car
By Mike S. on 07/17/07 23:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the tech package taking advantage of the 2.9% apr Nissan is currently running. Overall, I'm very pleased with the car. It's a enjoyable ride. Test drove Camry hybrid and came down to two. Gas mileage has been up to expectations and was surprised with amount of kick it has - no trouble climbing the Angeles mountains. With hybrid, you have to get used to the 'shudder' when it switches between gas and electric. Overall, I'm very pleased and look forward to claiming the tax credit as well.

Great Car
By Andy on 07/08/07 16:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Altima for a month now. To date I'm very pleased with everything about it. Most important for me was comfort. I'm 5-9, 200, Leg, hip and shoulder room are excellent. On a recent long trip I never felt uncomfortable or fatigued. The driving position is great, especially thanks to the tilt/telescoping steering wheel. Gas mileage so far has been 29.5 combined,with the AC running.

Almost perfect
By roperj on 07/01/07 12:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I picked up my 2007 Altima Hybrid exactly 1 week ago. I had to wait almost 2 months for one to be located up here in the northeast. Finally one was located with full options including moonroof and nav package with leather. Extremely happy so far. Still on first tank of gas after driving 355 miles of both mixed, some city and rural driving (30% city and 70% rural) and averaging 38 mpg. I have been able to drive distances of over 2.5 miles in EV mode only as long as the speed is kept at or below 40 mph. Interior is nice but could be set up a bit more sophisticated. Had a couple of workmanship issues.

Better Than Expected Mileage!
By Mark Gould on 06/30/07 17:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the Altima Hybrid with the Technology Package. In my first 1,000 miles I averaged 39.7 miles per gallon. Since then, I have improved the mileage up to 40.9 miles per gallon. If you use the energy flow information correctly on the big screen you can really boost your mileage. I still drive 60 - 70 mph, but on declines I back off the accelerator and let the electric motor take over even at 65 mph. When I get tired of driving for the mileage, I kick in the 198 combined hp. It has 8 more hp than my 1996 Maxima did. However, if you only want the power, choose the 270 hp Altima instead. I am enjoying going for 750 miles between fill ups. I am looking forward to my $2,350 tax credit.

Comfort to sit and fun to drive
By akshan on 06/28/07 14:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 2005 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 4WD, as its mileage was only 17 to 19. The change is dramatic in relation to gas mileage but not to the level I desired. I get average 33 MPG (2500 miles so far). EV works for few miles, but then if you need a sudden boost, mileage drops down (V6 to I4 is a big change, but not missing in this Altima). Feels like a luxury sedan.

Awesome vehicle
By Jeff C. on 06/16/07 16:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My base Altima Hybrid is a fantastic car that feels like a $40,000 car. I just filled up the tank for the first time after 26 days and 615 miles of use. My first tankful worked out to 37.7 MPG. I feel great about saving money at each fill-up, the $2350 tax credit, and reducing my carbon dioxide emissions. The car is very smooth and quiet, especially in EV mode. Even with the base model, the radio is quite respectable with 18 presets, CD player, and auxiliary audio to plug in your iPod. The intelligent key is great, no more fumbling for keys. There is a good amount of information on the trip computer including MPG, hours of usage, range to empty, outside temperature.

Great Car
By fms on 06/14/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the car for 3 months and have over 4,000 miles on it. I am tall (6'6") and I have plenty of head and legroom and an adult can fit comfortably behind me. Gas mileage is less than the EPA rating by quite a bit, but it's still very good. Average mileage has been 32 mpg. On a level freeway at 65-70 mph, I get around 36-38 mpg (approx. equal to EPA). With hills the highway mileage drops to about 30 mpg. On city streets, with lots of stop and go, the mileage is in the low 30s (much less than EPA). The best mileage is achieved in slow moving or stop and go commute traffic, where I have gotten above 50 mpg. I don't regularly commute with the car, but anyone who does should have a hybrid.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.