2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (56 reviews )
Was worth it
By Eric F on 11/01/07 17:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drove 9 hrs to purchase the car as it is not available in my state sadly. I look forward to driving it daily, simply said. I am getting 37mpg it seems either in city or hwy. The trunk is small but I can live with that. I was filling up weekly now I fill up 1.5 times a month. That has made the cost and the 9 hr trip to PA more than worth it.

Happy for now
By Rick on 10/23/07 22:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just recently purchased the Nissan Hybrid and got a great deal. I got the Precision Grey which I was happy about. The car drives really smooth and defenitly has the power of a small block v-6. The one thing that is going to take getting used to is the engine going on and off. Even though I have only had it for a couple days, the fuel efficiency seem to be doing well. It says I'm getting about 38 mpg average right now which I'm happy about and this is a range 65% hwy & 35% city driving. The only thing that is giving me problems is the tire pressuring monitoring system which won't go off. Other than that I am very pleased with the vehicle.

Excellent so far
By HyAltimus on 10/14/07 18:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The gas mileage is excellent. So far, I am getting 42+ miles per gallon (75% hwy, 25% local). I had my son drive the car. He could not achieve the high gas mileage, but he has really enjoyed the performance of Altima Hybrid. The vehicle dynamics, in my opinion, is more European than Japanese. My son and I agree that its behavior is closer to my Audi than my Honda Accord. The Altima's new chassis, which has an European origin, definitely gives this planted and secure feeling. Finally, not having a unique shape of Prius is a plus.

Love this Car!!!
By Danielle on 10/06/07 15:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've been so happy with this car! My only comment is that it takes some getting used to when the car switches from electric to gas as it feels a little bit like when spark plugs misfire. I was assured that this was normal, however for most hybrids. Also, if you live in a hilly/mountainous area (I live in California) don't expect to get the gas mileage advertised but that's to be expected. Great buy!

Disappointing reliability and response
By Disappointed on 09/28/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving the car for only 30 miles, it died on me, it would not start at all. Had it towed to nearest dealer. It took them 3 days to find out that the only thing wrong with it is its regular 12V battery that would not hold the charge. It took many calls to Nissan and the dealership and 3 weeks to get the car back. Apparently there is a national back-order on this item and finally they took the battery from another car to replace mine while they are waiting for the factory battery. But I am very apprehensive that I am going to get stuck somewhere. I should have gone with a more reputable manufacturer.

A lot of car for the money!!
By Ali-baba on 09/25/07 22:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great combination of power, economy, and style for a very reasonable price. Very quiet comfortable ride!! Just put almost a 1000 miles in less than 2 weeks!!

Highly Recommended
By Jeff on 09/11/07 23:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is fantastic, much better looking than the Prius although not as good of gas mileage. We have always owned Nissans and always will. I just wish they would sell them in Oregon so we didn't have to go out of state to buy one.

Greening Up My Life
By getting greener on 09/09/07 20:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I decided that it was time to reduce my greenhouse gases and spend also bit less on fuel. At the same time, I didn't want to have to give up my enthusiastic driving habits. To be sure, the Altima has delivered on all three fronts. In mixed driving, I get 33 mpg. I can do a little better on the highway, pushing 36 or so. But between the August heat (air conditioning required) and living in the Worcester foothills, I doubt I'd see anything over 33 mpg even if I babied it!

Sips gas and comfy ride
By Fran on 08/12/07 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car! I had a 2001 Altima GLE and traded it in for the hybrid. Purchased 10 days ago and traveled almost 1500 miles traveling from NYC to North Carolina and back. I averaged 41 MPG at highway speeds of 60-70. Coming home we hit a tremendous amount of traffic on US 95 and in the bumper-to-bumper traffic the car averaged 47 MPG. Besides the great gas mileage, the car rides quiet and smooth. After driving over 500 miles in a day, I still say: I love this car!! I have the basic model with no frills and with the 2.9% financing and the $2,350 tax credit, the purchase was a no- brainer.

Only one complaint
By gr8tfuldad2003 on 08/04/07 16:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Small trunk space. That's the only thing I've found not to like about this car. Everything else is awesome. Straight 10s.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.