2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (56 reviews )
First Year Delightful
By Alex in Maine on 06/11/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

To start I have to say that this is a handsome car. I have gotten a lot of feedback on the way the car looks. I also get asked about mileage (32-33 MPG on average, with about 36 MPG city and 30 MPG highway). The navigation system does not have a complete set of data and I have gotten stranded once or twice in an "incomplete mapping area". I like the color backup camera, and the Bose sound system rocks. The cruise control hesitates at times, but you get used to it . Powerful performance, feels like a good 6 cylinder at all times. Phone Bluetooth is great too and easy to set-up. In general it is a techno-guy's dream car.

Something not mentioned
By driver on 06/04/08 11:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The fuel economy is tied to the battery efficiency, and the battery efficiency is highly ambient temperature dependent. I found that below 35F I get 35 mpg as rated, worse if very cold. However above 70F I can do mid-40 mpg on the same commuting trip. My best record is ~49 mgp. That said, economically it becomes a gray area to get this hybrid if you live in a cold region and drives mostly highway, a plain Altima may come out more economical. Another thing is this car uses synthetic oil! It was such a sticker shock with my first oil change. Factor this extra cost in for a thorough car purchase evaluation.

Gets better gas mileage if you drive it
By circpro on 05/05/08 16:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At first, I got around 35 MPG like most on here. I learned about hyper milers (people who get well above gas mileage by behavior or modifications.) I learned by simply accelerating slow, coasting to stops rather than braking, my mileage stays at 39-40 for city, and 36 highway. Simple laws of physics and the laws of energy and motion don't change! I love the style, ride, interior, and going 650+ miles between fill ups. I picked this car as well because it still has the $2300 federal tax rebate. It uses the Toyota 2nd gen hybrid system (same as camry) so I wasn't concerned with "new technology" When backing out of the garage in the morning, the engine starts 1/2 way and can scare you at first

Maximum compromise
By Dan on 04/05/08 06:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Altima Hybrid was more my wife’s insistence than my desire. Was I surprised, the style is really nice, the room is surprising, I can now easily put in the two car seats in the back seat for my grand children. The pickup was very impressive; the hybrid 2.5 has approximately 50 more horse power than the standard 2.5.I spend considerable time driving in Boston and Worcester, so city driving for me is considerable, I average about 34 mpg city, and Of course I’m always playing to keep in the EV mode… I own a rather large pickup truck for hauling my boat. I truly feel this vehicle sort of balances out my gas situation. I have owned this vehicle for 8 months and it keeps impressing me.

A different experience
By Interesting drive on 01/31/08 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my 2007 Sentra SE-R Spec V as the ride was getting a bit too harsh for me along with just OK fuel mileage. Liked the style of the car with the twin exhaust outlets and the spoiler certainly makes it a much more appealing car to look at as opposed the Camry in my view. Interesting ride for sure. Have never owned an automatic before (30 years plus of manual transmissions). Pushing the gas pedal gets results but sounds a little strange to begin with and feels like a rubber band is being wound up! Its nippy and no slouch though. A little jerky at constant highway speeds. Feels like I'm driving an amusement arcade what with all the lights and gadgets but very pleased with the purchase.

GREAT Automobile
By Rick on 01/14/08 07:02 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nissan has done it's homework on designing this vehile. It is sipping gas and has the power when required to pass like it had a large 6 cyl. engine under the hood. The ride is comfortable and positive. Gas mileage is between 32 and 55 MPG. It takes a little adjusting, to get the peak mileage. The EV mode is the best part of their design.

A Nice Surprise
By Simon on 12/15/07 07:32 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is an impressive car overall. Nicely styled, comfortable to drive, good performance and economy. Handling is secure and the front wheel drive performance in snow is good. I'm getting around 32 mpg in the city (very hilly here in Pittsburgh) and 35-40 mpg on the highway. The car is very quiet and smooth highway cruiser. When pushed it understeers somewhat, but the VDC works well at the limit and is quite unobtrusive. I find myself driving differently in this car, working to maximize the amount of time I can get it to run in electric vehicle mode only -- it turns out to be fun. Between all the safety features, roomyness of the car, looks and overall driving experience I'm very pleased

Worth It
By Bob on 12/06/07 15:19 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Found the Altima Hybrid when doing on line research for a new car. Liked the reviews and comments. Drove it and was very impressed. It is as close to a sports car as I could get with my size. Believe it or not at 6'9" and 280 lbs I am as comfortable in this car as any vehicle I have ever been in. We live in the California foothills and so don't get much of the city driving. However on the windy country roads I am on EV more than I expected.

Fun to drive!
By Bill on 11/14/07 13:34 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Replaced my 1997 Audi A4 Quattro and I find driving this to be as fun as the Audi. Have only been averaging 34 MPG which is disappoinging based on the EPA ratings, but is nearly twice what I was getting with the Audi.

Looks + Performance + Gas Mileage.. WOW
By FIshiman on 11/11/07 16:21 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I saw an Altima and liked the looks but it was when I drove the car that I fell in love. The cherry on the sundae was the gas mileage of the hybrid. I live in the hills and get 34 mpg or more and on the freeway I averaged 39 mpg. Pretty awesome to say the least.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.