2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2007 Altima Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (56 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Great Car
By Andy

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car since '07 and put 42K on it. There's never been a single problem. This is one of the best cars I have ever had. I tested the other hybrids and this one has more room and comfort. The ride is silky smooth with an excellent blend between ride and handling. Long trips are not fatiguing. Acceleration due to the electric motor boosting output to almost 200 hp is excellent.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, legroom.

Suggested Improvements

The radio needs a simple dial for the stations and the car would be perfect.

why does my car creak?
By lynn

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car brand new - got a great price and almost 0 percent financing. I love the way it looks - dark blue is the classiest color. Everyone loves driving and being a passenger in my car. I frequently carpool four large teenagers and no one ever complains bout room in the back seat. The problem is in the sounds. After the first few months i noticed a creaking noise. I feel as though it is coming from the glove compartment, the passenger often tells me it is coming from the driver's side. I have had the car in 5 or 6 times and the dealer tells me it is coming from the cup holder (we've tried removing it), they have tightened the bolts on the dashboard. It is an unsolved mystery

Favorite Features

style, roomy, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

get ride of the squeak!

Best car EVER!
By Artemis

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

There are 5 cars in our driveway, yet the Altima Hybrid is the family favorite. The styling is classy yet sporty and the ride is luxurious. The quiet hybrid engine took getting used to, especially compared to our attention-getting souped up BMW Roadster. The car steers on a dime, the Bose sound system is amazing, and the seats are uber comfortable.

Favorite Features

I like all the safety features and we all love the smooth ride, the built in navigation and bluetooth for the phone, and the quality of the sound system. Instrumentation is placed perfectly. What surprised us is that this car has decent acceleration which is really necessary for merging onto CA hwys

Suggested Improvements

The hybrid system takes up a chunk of trunk space. Seat heat could be stronger in lower lumbar (heats the tush, but less on the back). Foglamps were not an option and we had to purchase aftermarket.

Great purchase
By Dan

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I originally purchased this car for my wife, she really liked the looks. I own a 2007 Dodge quad cab pick-up w/hemi, you can imagine the gas mileage. I figured the altima hybrid would complement the truck. Ends up I use the altima for everything, except towing and payload. I would never have believed it if you said I would love this machine. I do, it is great looking, good on gas, 2 years with no problems, and the 200 horses do make a difference. It would be much easier for me to write what I donít like about the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Gas millage, appearance, both interior and exterior, performance is a pleasant surprise.

Suggested Improvements

What's the issue with the fog lights or lack there of. Since i'm here let's try for 100 mpg.

Great Car and a Hybrid Too
By steve11554

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the hybrid for over a year and so far have not had any problems and the gas mileage is better than advertised if you take advantage of the car's mechanics. In a Long Island to NYC trip I will average 44 mpg and in highway driving at around 60-62 mph I can get 40 mpg (summer time). Accelerating smoothly to 40 mph and then letting the electric motor coast you at 39-40 mph on electric only in afternoon traffic works really well. Putting the cruise control on also improves mileage at highway speeds. But if you need acceleration it is available.

Favorite Features

Being able to drive on electric only by gauging the stop and go traffic ahead and then recharging the unit as traffic gets past 40 mph. And then seeing 44 mpg on the electronic readout.

Suggested Improvements

Putting the battery packs on the sides of the trunk or in the floor to give you at least one fold down seat to carry longer items. But has not been a problem so far.

Fantastic car
By vroom

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car - consistently returns 32+ mpg/600+ miles on a tank, good pickup, and very comfortable. It's the right size, too, and quite roomy in the front seats at least. It's held up pretty well, too, although I must admit that dealer service has more expensive than it was for the Hondas, Toyotas, and Mazdas that I've owned previously. 18 mos & 33k mi in, I still feel that it's a good value and I still like it.

Favorite Features

Large fuel tank/long range, comfy seats, good ride/handling, right size, attractive styling, easy to use and painless to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Cars w/cloth seats can't have adjustable lumbar support, a satellite radio tuner, Bluetooth, fold-in mirrors, or fog lights (not even leather cars can get these). The cupholders are AWFUL, the trunk is dinky, and gas/electric transition is clunky sometimes.

Satisfied with 40 mpg
By Larry

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car new in 2007 and have maintained all oil changes with 0-20w full synth. oil and drive mostly highway miles. Continuous driving on trips of 8 plus hours. Was amazed that the car was producing 40 miles to the gallon on the highway. These trips are on the west coast over mountains and super curved roads. So far the window sticker was right about the MPG except in the reverse. Better on the highway.

Favorite Features

The seats and braking system.

Suggested Improvements

More cars available to all states

We LOVE this car!
By Deb

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My family trades cars about every 2 years. This Altima is a KEEPER. Who would have thought you could get great mileage in a roomy car that doesn't look like a cheese wedge? We are averaging between 35 and 36 mpg. It would probably be higher except that I do stop and go driving. We feel so safe with the front & side airbags. Acceleration is quick and braking dependable. Beautiful lines, quality fit and finish.

Favorite Features

Besides the fact that it handles like a dream and is gorgeous? I love the Bose sound system! And the seats get so snuggly warm on a cold day. Excellent visibility for both short people (me) and tall people (hubby). heated mirrors. Extendable visors and darkened upper windshield.

Suggested Improvements

Windshield wiper leaves streak spot at my visibility level. Built in phone's voice recognition needs improvement with some words such as "phone book" and the number "two".

Nice, but...
By mattyj

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded a 2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr for the Altima Hybrid. The Civic got great MPG and drove well but the seat was just too uncomfortable. I wanted a 4 door with some comfort and about 35 MPG, When you look around there are not that many comfortable cars that get 35+. I hope that changes in the future. But for now the Altima Hybrid fits the bill. The car drives great, it is hard to keep out of the gas, the CVT and engine make this car feel like a V6, but if you drive it like that the mileage suffers. If you drive a little more reserved the car rewards with great mileage. The drivers seat is comfortable so far with 11,000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

Traction Control, huge glove box, tilt and telescope wheel, sporty style, dual zone climate control

Suggested Improvements

The instrument panel needs a redesign, too many confusing idiot lights. When you get in the cold car there is a blue light on the top of the gauge, it makes me think the high beams are on. There are too many idiot lights and not enough gauges. Add a tachometer, temp gauge and oil pressure.

Better than driving a cheese-wedge
By Steve

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I sold my high performance MBZ and became green about 16 months ago. Living on a hill impacts the gas miles I get but I average about 35 mpg on regular gas. The car comfortably seats 5 adults. The design is pleasing to the eye. I got the model without the technology package but has one electric seat and a few minor extras ($25K) minus the $2300 rebate. The Altima drives better than the Camry hybrid without the clunky shifting from electricity to gas. Since gas prices have doubled since buying the car it was definitely worth the extra dollars over the gas only Altima models.

Favorite Features

Less gas and it runs on regular. The interior is very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out how to position battery to get more trunk space. Offer leather seats without the high end package. The cloth seats seem to stain easily.