Used 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (56 reviews )

Great Car
By Andy

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car since '07 and put 42K on it. There's never been a single problem. This is one of the best cars I have ever had. I tested the other hybrids and this one has more room and comfort. The ride is silky smooth with an excellent blend between ride and handling. Long trips are not fatiguing. Acceleration due to the electric motor boosting output to almost 200 hp is excellent.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, legroom.

Suggested Improvements

The radio needs a simple dial for the stations and the car would be perfect.

why does my car creak?
By lynn

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car brand new - got a great price and almost 0 percent financing. I love the way it looks - dark blue is the classiest color. Everyone loves driving and being a passenger in my car. I frequently carpool four large teenagers and no one ever complains bout room in the back seat. The problem is in the sounds. After the first few months i noticed a creaking noise. I feel as though it is coming from the glove compartment, the passenger often tells me it is coming from the driver's side. I have had the car in 5 or 6 times and the dealer tells me it is coming from the cup holder (we've tried removing it), they have tightened the bolts on the dashboard. It is an unsolved mystery

Favorite Features

style, roomy, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

get ride of the squeak!

Best car EVER!
By Artemis

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

There are 5 cars in our driveway, yet the Altima Hybrid is the family favorite. The styling is classy yet sporty and the ride is luxurious. The quiet hybrid engine took getting used to, especially compared to our attention-getting souped up BMW Roadster. The car steers on a dime, the Bose sound system is amazing, and the seats are uber comfortable.

Favorite Features

I like all the safety features and we all love the smooth ride, the built in navigation and bluetooth for the phone, and the quality of the sound system. Instrumentation is placed perfectly. What surprised us is that this car has decent acceleration which is really necessary for merging onto CA hwys

Suggested Improvements

The hybrid system takes up a chunk of trunk space. Seat heat could be stronger in lower lumbar (heats the tush, but less on the back). Foglamps were not an option and we had to purchase aftermarket.

Great purchase
By Dan

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I originally purchased this car for my wife, she really liked the looks. I own a 2007 Dodge quad cab pick-up w/hemi, you can imagine the gas mileage. I figured the altima hybrid would complement the truck. Ends up I use the altima for everything, except towing and payload. I would never have believed it if you said I would love this machine. I do, it is great looking, good on gas, 2 years with no problems, and the 200 horses do make a difference. It would be much easier for me to write what I donít like about the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Gas millage, appearance, both interior and exterior, performance is a pleasant surprise.

Suggested Improvements

What's the issue with the fog lights or lack there of. Since i'm here let's try for 100 mpg.

Great Car and a Hybrid Too
By steve11554

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the hybrid for over a year and so far have not had any problems and the gas mileage is better than advertised if you take advantage of the car's mechanics. In a Long Island to NYC trip I will average 44 mpg and in highway driving at around 60-62 mph I can get 40 mpg (summer time). Accelerating smoothly to 40 mph and then letting the electric motor coast you at 39-40 mph on electric only in afternoon traffic works really well. Putting the cruise control on also improves mileage at highway speeds. But if you need acceleration it is available.

Favorite Features

Being able to drive on electric only by gauging the stop and go traffic ahead and then recharging the unit as traffic gets past 40 mph. And then seeing 44 mpg on the electronic readout.

Suggested Improvements

Putting the battery packs on the sides of the trunk or in the floor to give you at least one fold down seat to carry longer items. But has not been a problem so far.