2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:

Worth the money
By Vijaiendran sv

2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

If you are looking for performance at its best for the cheapest cost. This is your car. Dont expect to look for Porsche performance or bmw interiors or miata mileage. This has its own craze among people and Nissan provides the best in class for the bucks spent.

Oh Baby! Sweet Ride!
By brenda swan

2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Sport Tech 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The first thing a shopper should know before buying this car, Nissan 370Z Sport Tech is that it is a sports car. Keep that in mind. It is not a huge luxury vehicle with tons of room. It IS a joy to drive. I got the stick shift model. It is a fast, "purty", little thing. I did my homework before I even stepped inside the dealership and would recommend you do the same. I drove 100 miles away to get nearly $7,000 off what the other dealers were selling her for. She only had 19 miles on her when I drove her off the lot. I used Edmunds.com and Truecar.com to get online estimates and made sure the Internet Rep of the dealerships honored their bid. Obviously, this car being a two seater sports car you are not going to have a lot of cargo storage space, but look, I don’t plan on using her to haul baggage. She does pick up alot of road noise via the tires and sitting so low to the ground but if you are listening to the BOSE stereo system or Sirrius XM you learn to love the sound. All in all, I am extremely pleased with this purchase. MPH is about the same as my last car G6, nothing stupendous to write home about. And she uses only premium gas (91) so consider how much you can afford for gas as in California we pay the highest amount for gasoline. By the way, I am a single female, with no minor children. I bought this car, not out of practicality, but because I wanted her. She is gorgeous to look at and people (men especially) stop to tell me so. This car hugs the turns and picks up speed fast. Step aside, boys. This little Red Hotrod is for Girls!

Fun car, not a family car
By Benjamin Reddoch

2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The 370Z although getting long in the tooth, having been a capable competitor of the Mustang GT, and early reintroduced Camaro has fallen behind and between. The current iterations of those previous competitors have surpassed the Z but the baseline version of those cars still fall behind the Z. This leaves the Z in a weird place it cost about the same as those improved cars, but lacks the refinements those cars received with their respective updates. I owned a 300Z during my early college years and loved it, the gauges, the performance, the looks there Z captured my attention. When the 350Z made its triumphant return to America I was intrigued, the performance and look checked two boxes on my checklist, the interior felt so cheap and bad that I left the dealer disgusted. I don't know how people justified the price when you were being sold an interior that Kia, or Hyundai wouldn't put on their cars because it was too cheap. So I waited, then the 370Z came along, the performance improved, the interior was incredible (compared to the 350z). The only problem I proudly was driving an MKV GTi, so I waited, once I had the money, and driven my faithful GTi to 100k miles, I could justify the swap. I bought my 370Z, the trim, color and options I wanted, found one on the next largest town over and argued all Saturday until a price was met all sides could accept.

I am tall, 6'1" 185#s and fit in the car fine, admittedly I push the seat as far back, as low and tilted back as it will go and fit snugly. The steering wheel only adjust in height, telescoping would be nice but is not included. The radio is very basic, it has Bluetooth for calls, and if you hook your USB to an iPhone, it will let you play music as well. The climate controls are straightforward and given the cars extremely small cabin work effectively it takes little time to warm or cool. The rear hatch is not for storage, you can fit a couple small pieces of luggage for a weekend getaway but this car will not help you move from one apartment to another let alone a house (of you don't mind moving 1 box at a time maybe... No just rent a truck if you need to move stuff)

I would never suggest anyone visit Nissan of Boerne in San Antonio, the sales rep and manager will leave your very angry, I disclosed these concerns with their customer care and am happy I have many dealers I can visit instead of them. If you only want performance, the Z isn't your car, it's great but needs an update, if you want looks, performance, and only 2 seats then try a Z, the smile I had test driving it I still put on every day that I continue to drive it.

Everything but the seats
By John Hall

2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

2016 is late in the model life of the 370Z, and it appears Nissan has worked out all the bugs and the Z has become a very reliable vehicle. The Sport Tech model has all the bells and whistles a person could need. Handling is great with very brisk acceleration and steering. The 370Z is the perfect evolution of the famous Nissan Z line.

After the first two weeks and 500 miles, I took the Z on a 2900 mile 4 day trip. Weither cruising the Interstate at 80MPH or winding through the mountains of North Carolina, the Z performs flawlessly. The tires are somewhat noisy but a throaty exhaust easily compensates.

As much as I like this vehicle, I am extremely disappointed with the seats! A $40k vehicle and both front seats are crappy, mechanical ones expected in a vehicle a third the price. The seats are also so narrow and uncomfortable only a teenager could be comfortable in them. When I was shopping, I didn't even ask about power memory seats; I just assumed they were standard for the price. If my trade hadn't already been sold, this would have killed the deal. I was told power memory seats weren't necessary in this type of sports car and by opting for manual seats they save space and weight. No, its a bean counter's way to cut cost. Every valet, every car wash, every mechanic has to crank the seat to suit THEM and I it seems to take me forever to get the seat adjusted to my comfort again. Every other vehicle I've owned the past 20 years has had power memory seats; push a button and its all back to my setting. Even the 370Z Roadster has power seats.

Blast to drive
By Bob

2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Sport Tech 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

My wife and I were looking to get back to our youth, we test drove multiple sports cars, (Frs, Brz, Mx-5 etc) but as soon as we drove this car, it was the car for us. We love the style being old Datsun 240 fans, performance, power, ride quality, comfort and price. We purchased a 2016 Magma sport tech. Everyone loves this color and style. I hear that the 370Z model is getting old and this may be, but don't overlook this car because of that. It's a proven sports car and a blast from the past to drive.