Used 2010 Nissan 370Z Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:

Impossible to drive smoothly
By Ralph

2010 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Love the design; don't understand why the manual transmission can't be shifted more smoothly; and why missing a couple hundred revs causes a cacophony of drive line clamors. Traded a Z 4 for this; didn't want to pay the $20M premium for the new Z4; but the BMW manual was quiet and forgiving if rev match wasn't perfect. Driving manuals for 55 years; never had one so difficult to master.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, looks best in white.

Suggested Improvements

Besides smoothing out the shifting by letting the revs come down more quickly and tweaking the clutch engagement, it needs a better radio with 6 speakers. Also, cargo cover should be included, or at least optional.

What can you get better bang for buck?
By Madfreak

2010 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Best car for money for performance but the one thing a lot people don't know about this car is bullet proof build engine and trans. Somehow you can still get 30 mpg on highway!

Favorite Features

New vq engine

Suggested Improvements

if can be done little lighter of a car

Go kart on steroids
By Larry

2010 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wow, first two seater, but I have had powerful cars before. Great handling, can't believe how well it corners. Strong motor, very linear response. Fun factor off the charts. Very impressed with the styling, especially how I see the original Z in this model. Pictures don't do it justice. Got the Black Cherry Paint in the Base sport model, but went in to buy the 40th edition Touring Sprt. When I saw this color, I decided I didn't need the touring package. Synchro-rev match is pretty cool stuff, but the motor is the real gem

Favorite Features

Styling, Motor, synchro-rev match. Getting leather seats installed. transmission is nice. Push button start. 19" wheels are very stylish for factory wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Better exhaust note. Very disappointing. mY FX 35 sounded way cooler. Road noise. Depending on the road surface it can be a roar. Back up camera would be great. Had one on my FX and it was the bomb. With the blind spots on this car, it is almost a requirement.

Just a fun car
By Peter

2010 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I grew up in Germany, last car I had there was a 325i Coupe, manual, and loved it, but have stopped searching for the bang for the buck that BMW used to have in the 80's. Reliability has been questionable - my mechanic loves the 2000+ 3 series. :-) I was going to buy a 2003Z new when they came out, but due to kids almost got me an Infiniti G35 6MT, drove home with a 2003 M45, which I love and still have. Kids are grown up, and the 2010 Z 6speed with performance package in black/black is in the garage. I love this car. I looked at a 335i Coupe 6sp manual as well, very nice, but wasn't that impressed, especially when considering the price differential...

Favorite Features

Seats hug you. The beautiful curves! Proximity keys. Dash layout, Tach in the center. Interior quality is up to par in the new 370's. Black metallic! Engine! Manual transmission with synchronous rev match. Did I miss anything? :-)

Suggested Improvements

Exhaust a little muffled, will fix with an after market from Stillen or Magnaflow. Engine is a touch rough at higher RPM. Otherwise have not found anything I would improve.

King of the Hill
By Dennis Cook

2010 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Absolutely love this car. Perfect perfect perfect. Had a 2008 350 Z and ordered this one way back in March 2008. Mine was the first one sold in the US. I agree with so many of the articles I have read about this car, it is THE best bang for your buck on the market. I am getting another new one as soon as I can swing it.

Favorite Features

Exterior, interior, grip, power, drivability, transmission, brakes, everything.

Suggested Improvements

Clutch and brake peddles are a titch too close to each other for me.