Used 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:

Unreal!!
By jbuzz

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Had the 350z roadster, the 370z is better in every way!! Faster, lighter, shorter, wider!! Leather, suede this car is turns heads!! Easily the best car I have ever driven!

Favorite Features

Integrated steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, Perfect!!!

Best Z-Car Yet.
By Greg

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My first car was 72 240z and I had an 83 280ZX. The 370 is the best yet. It is quick and nimble. You rarely have to plan your moves in traffic just look for an open spot and the Z will be there. People complain that the gearshift is "notchy" I am not sure what that means? I find it quick and accurate. People complain about road noise. It is a two seater sports coupe. You expect a little road noise. You might try learning to judge the character of the road surface from the sound. Most of all, this car is just fun to drive. I commute 90 min each way daily. In the Z I actually look forward to the drive. The seats are so comfortable. They actually get more comfortable the longer you sit in them.

Favorite Features

It is fun to drive. People notice it where ever I go. If I see two a week, that's a lot and I live in L.A. Handling breaking and performance. Good sound system and just the right amount of road noise. Nice interior a definite step up for Z-Car interiors.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the ventilation system worked better. The A/C always comes on and you have to switch it off. (I just want fresh air). Recirc won't run without the A/C period. Switch off the A/C and Recirc cuts off. After about an hour the fresh air starts getting warmer and warmer. I just want fresh cool air

My 2nd Z
By dmpete

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a used 09' a couple of days ago, this is great. Coming out of a BMW that had nothing but problems, always liked the Z, kinda my halo car (the 300ZX twin turbo). I have drove one, this new 370 outshines it in almost every way. There is road noise, but the feel of the car is great, acceleration is good, w/ in a few ticks better or worse than my M. Steering is very tight, the suspension is a little softer than my old M, but not in a bad way. The Bose system sounds great. First weekend put over 200 miles on her. Great driving car, and have already started getting looks. Overall this is a home run for Nissan. And I love it.

Favorite Features

The styling, the flared fenders. The tight shift gates. The power of course. The wrap around interior. The Bose surround. Heated Leather/suede combo, basically everything.

Suggested Improvements

Can't really think of anything, Nissan did their homework on the Porsche Cayman, who they matched in almost every way for way less money

ZZoooming the best deal
By Big Sky Blue

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

A true sports car. I've owned a couple Corvettes and Z28's but none tracked as straight and true as this car. Steering is tight but confident and nothing matches the brakes of the Z car! Ride quality is stiff for the Sport model, but one certainly does not wallow in the seat through turns. Interior layout and quality are excellent. Love the no-key ignition and locking system. In late summer temps of 80's to low 90's and running air conditioning, oil temp gauge never went above 240! By eliminating Styrofoam filler behind seats where Touring models add speakers...1 1/2 cu. feet of more cargo space was found. Amazing how much stuff can be loaded in this small car! Agree with Oldguy-soft paint!

Favorite Features

Design...design...design in and out. Performance and control. A true driver's car. Gauges are excellent...I even like the "odd-ball" computer gauge. Interior auto-temp system works excellently. Love that Sync-rev system and appreciate the output for gear selection.

Suggested Improvements

Harder paint surface with stronger clear-coat finish. Little softer seat inserts. A back up camera would be nice. Road noise is not a big problem but more isolation would be helpful. Can not hear the engine or exhaust below about 3000 rpm. Please - this is a SPORTS car!

Fun to drive!
By ohiodoug

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car in the summer of 2009 kind of on a whim. I had been wanting a sports car and it was between this and a Dodge Challenger. Well, with Chrysler bankrupt and Challenger production on hold, I looked into the Z. (As it turns out the Challenger wouldn't have fit in the garage anyway). I have this with the 7 speed auto and paddle shifters, which is almost as fun as a manual. This car is straight out fast and the tires stick like glue! If you don't push it, it actually gets pretty darn good mileage, but it's hard to refrain from excess speed. Love the control layout and info screen. I've had one problem area (see below).

Favorite Features

Straight line performance and handling. Absolutely a blast to drive and it feels really different than a 3.5 liter Altima Coupe I also test drove. The seats are actually pretty comfortable, but being my first sports car I feel like I'm sitting soooo low! Decent stereo, nice control layout.

Suggested Improvements

In terms of the design, this car just screams for a backup camera -visibility is awful. You just learn to live with it and if you have to back up, do so with care. Mechanically, I had one time (about 3 years in) wher the car acted out of fuel with almost 1/4 tank. I saw another Z owner say this, and it was a known problem with Nissan Quests. I never had a problem before even when getting the car within a gallon of empty, but since this time I make sure to fill up at 1/4 tank. I was also disappointed at the lack of an oil cooler since I was thinking about trying to autocross the car. That (along with overheating of brake fluid under extreme conditions) mean it can't be a track car.