2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:
Awesome
By stubby on 12/11/09 05:05 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

As a previous owner of the 350Z I feel as they have completely refined an already amazing ride. Exhilarating performance, exceptional handling, everyday driving comfort ability, and sleek styling, for which pictures do no justice, to this Porsche like appearance and feel for a car that was only $30,000 with a sports package.

No, you may not borrow my car
By rodster on 11/21/09 12:36 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this in June and have 8k miles on it. I love the power that this Z provides so that even when I hit the gas at 70mph I'm pushed back in my seat! The Bose stereo provides great sound quality and includes some nice sub woofers. It's amazing how many people turn their heads to look! I commute 50mi/day (mostly highway) and avg 25mpg which is acceptable. No comfort issues here. The cockpit wraps me like a cocoon (very cozy!). My oil temp never exceeds 240 even on my July roadtrip at speeds of 80-90mph. Rear visibility works for me since I attached small wide angle mirrors onto the side mirrors.

Engine Oil Temp Concern
By Alabama Driver on 10/09/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great looking, reasonably priced little sports car. It handles well and definitely turns heads at stop signs and coffee shops. I only have 1K miles on it, but it has been a blast to drive. My only concern at this point is the high oil temperature readings. I would really like to hear what Nissan's solution is for the high temp readings.

It iZ what it iZ
By Terrence M. Green on 10/02/09 22:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Owned for a month, now 1500 miles on it. It is amaZing! Installed K&N Air filterz and seemed to help with the car breathing better, little more powerful. AC off, drive 55, you can average at 30 mpg or over. Of course up to 70 with AC on I was happy to see 25 on average. Touring Sport pkg/19" wheelz, road noize on smooth blacktop iz reazonably quiet. Texas throwz down that Hot mix surface crap to save money & soundz like I'm in a Jet over the enginez. Not Nissan's fault the SouthTX roadz are crappy. Road surface makes a difference. Car was made for better roadz. Yes, lots of looks. My favorite DPS officer took a look and granted my 1st speeding ticket in yearz! Have to watch in Z!

What a BLAST ! Great car for the Money
By apes girl on 08/25/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Great job Nissan ! 09 Got the Nav pkg/Sport Pkg. loaded. I have owned Porsche, Vette, Cameros, Range Rover Ect.... This is a great car for the money Truly. Handles sweet, power when you need it. I live in San Diego so I have not experienced the heat or need for oil cooler ( hope you guys get help though ) Comfort is amazing, sound system great, Nav easy to use, like the phone opt. and inside is roomy, your not on top of one another, nice. Great use of interior space thanks.

370 Z a"Winner"
By JPK on 08/24/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2005 BMW 330CI with the sport pkg and sequential manual tranny. It was a quality vehicle and fun to drive. I test drove the 370 Z and felt it was more me than the BMW. It looks great, (turns heads)has rapid acceleration, shifts easily, and corners like it is on rails. I,m 5'11" and weigh 170. The seats are comfy, head room is ample and leg room is good. I now have over 1200 miles on the car (mfr's break in period)and engine and tranny feel much better. I live in East Texas and the temp has been in the mid 90's and low 100's since I've had the Z. 240 degrees is the highest the engine oil has gotten. The Z engine is noisy but seems quieter as it breaks in.

The 370Z car need an ENGINE OIL COOLER!
By Prefecto2 on 08/10/09 16:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Nissan 2009 370Z Car on February 26, 2009. I have been very disappointed with my 2009 370Z Car, because you can't drive it over 4000 RPM's, if the ambient temperature is over 90 degrees. As a result, I only have 630 miles on my 370Z! The 370Z Car, without an engine oil cooler, will over-heat! The engine oil temperature reaches 280 degrees, if the ambient temperature is over 90 degrees, and it will do it in a very short period of time. When this happens, the car's engine RPM's are reduced from 7500 RPM's to 6500 RPM's, and if the engine oil temperature reaches 290 degrees, the engine's RPM's will be reduced to 4500 RPM's, which is approximately half of the 370Z Horsepower!

Itza great car
By nicecar on 08/10/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

My previous autos were an 08 TL TypeS, an 06 Vette, and an 05 Charger Daytona. I know performance and quality. The 370Z has more of both than any of my previous vehicles. She's perfect for hotrodding around town and a great interstate cruiser at 79mph (yep, in the summer). I ledfoot it all the time and have never seen my oil temp gauge above 225(& I live in Central Georgia). Build quality and finish are outstanding. Heat isn't an issue unless you take it to the track. And if you intend to, at its price point, what's the big deal about putting an oil cooler on it? Worried about warranty? Don't race the car! After 14,000 troublefree mi, the car is simply without peer cost/value/performance.

A Blast to drive
By Alex on 07/13/09 18:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The get up and go of the VQ37 engine is amazing, it oozes power. Very flat torque curve, keeps pulling harder as you shift. The car bleeds sex appeal, no matter who pulls up alongside you, heads are turning, men and women alike. By far one of the best looking sports cars out, especially for the money.

370Z is a dream come true
By Jeff on 07/10/09 22:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle after 6 months of research. I got the sport package which I would recommend due to styling cues and the great rims. I previously owned a 06 350Z. The new design of this vehicle is so much better that the 350Z. The intelligent key is amazing. I recommend reading the owners manual to uncover some great features. The key can roll the windows up and down, but the intelligent key can only roll the windows down. Cruise control is now standard and the syncro-rev works perfectly. It also helps with a smoother upshift. I can not drive any where with out people straining to look. Road noise is acceptable and the ride is smooth for a true sports

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe in VA is:

$132 per month*