Used 2009 Nissan 370Z Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:

Zooowaahhh
By machZ

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wow this car just getting lots of looks wherever I go, After driving SUVs (automatic) in the last 19 years it's time for me to get the driving-fun back in my life. I can't stop grinning every time I sit on my 370z I had been in the market for a sports car and I was considering the Gen Coupe, oh Boy I'm glad I went for the Z. I got a great deal ($1000 below invoice) and the APR I want. Syncro Rev match really helps you if you are a novice driver. Best bang for your buck in terms of performance and handling for a sports car.

The Exterior Styling is unlike anything you see on the road, it just plain gorgeous. First ever Synchro Rev Match on the manual

Cabin noise need to be address

Best Z-Car Yet.
By Greg

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My first car was 72 240z and I had an 83 280ZX. The 370 is the best yet. It is quick and nimble. You rarely have to plan your moves in traffic just look for an open spot and the Z will be there. People complain that the gearshift is "notchy" I am not sure what that means? I find it quick and accurate. People complain about road noise. It is a two seater sports coupe. You expect a little road noise. You might try learning to judge the character of the road surface from the sound. Most of all, this car is just fun to drive. I commute 90 min each way daily. In the Z I actually look forward to the drive. The seats are so comfortable. They actually get more comfortable the longer you sit in them.

It is fun to drive. People notice it where ever I go. If I see two a week, that's a lot and I live in L.A. Handling breaking and performance. Good sound system and just the right amount of road noise. Nice interior a definite step up for Z-Car interiors.

I wish the ventilation system worked better. The A/C always comes on and you have to switch it off. (I just want fresh air). Recirc won't run without the A/C period. Switch off the A/C and Recirc cuts off. After about an hour the fresh air starts getting warmer and warmer. I just want fresh cool air

All true
By pwinn

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had the the 350Z roadster. Loved the top down. For 5 years. The 370Z is all new inspired by the 350. Goes and looks right in every way. I have the touring and sport pkg, 6 spd. Corners and pulls off the line as promised. Rear wheel wells are noisy in the rain-road noise. The value of the car verses what you pay overrides noisy tires. Wind it out or turn up your iPod. No noise. It's all true. The car is a fantastic 2 seater to be respected.

Engine, brakes, handling.

Sell some wheel well insulation as an option during delivery. I'll put in myself.

It's all true, the good and the bad
By JR

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

First the bad news. The tire noise in this car (touring with sport package)is unacceptable. I drive 60 miles to work each day and the noise is terrible. Nissan really dropped the ball with nvh. The good news is, the fix for tis pretty cheap and easy. Buy some sound deadener for about $150, then spend an afternoon installing it and all of a sudden you have a fun to drive, world class sports car that will run with anything on the road and get attention everywhere you take it. Acceleration and handling are great. Bose system is pretty good and interior quality is significantly better than the 350Z.

Looks, power, acceleration, suede like interior, an actual glove box, behind seat storage shelves. Car feels nimble and ready to go unlike my previous car (G37 coupe that was too weighed down to be fun to drive)

Fix the tire noise, fix the tire noise, fix the tire noise. Put the aux input in the arm rest so you don't have to see the wires. Add streaming bluetooth audio, maybe add an induction tube like on the mustang to create a better engine sound in the cabin

poor man's GT-R
By True Sports Car

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We got the Sports package with the upgraded wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. The ride is firm but not overly stiff, even with the 19's. Yellow paint has every head turning. The front plastic spoiler gets scraped on every 4" driveway. The blind spots are significant but that's why they give you 3 mirrors. I've had a C5 'Vette with the Z51 suspension, the Z rides no worse, and it probably won't leak in the rain. The MPG is mid 20's but the car is still new, hopefully better with time. I love the look, handling, ride and Nissan parts availability and reliability. The difference between a GT-R and a 370Z is not so much performance but cost of parts when tires, brakes, etc. are replaced

Yellow Z with 19" wheels and tinted windows. It could be used in a video.... handles like it's on rails, light weight, big tires, firm suspension. After celebrating birthdays on the dealer's showroom for 6 months it was ours for invoice to make room for the 2010's. Timing is everything in life.

a better front lip spoiler that won't hang-up on every 4" surface road flaw and driveway entrance. Mileage could be better but I didn't buy it for mpg. Other than that it's a great sports car.