2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:
Nissan Certified 370Z Touring 6MT
By djrelic247 on 07/03/12 08:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Everything about the vehicles is a positive. It's a REAL sports car so there isnt going to be much of any cargo room. I mean the owner's manual doesnt even fit in the glove box. Only Im luke warm about is the initial clutch engagement aka the friction point. It is very high on the clutch pedal and the window from friction point to full engagement is the smallest Ive ever felt. This is the stock clutch. The clutch is very linear as well, so you really need to feel when it bites at first. But there is a cheap fix for it, which is buying a clutch helper spring to replace the OEM one. Better fix is a new clutch assembly which makes it feel like any other car you have driven.

My 2nd Z
By dmpete on 03/08/11 03:46 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a used 09' a couple of days ago, this is great. Coming out of a BMW that had nothing but problems, always liked the Z, kinda my halo car (the 300ZX twin turbo). I have drove one, this new 370 outshines it in almost every way. There is road noise, but the feel of the car is great, acceleration is good, w/ in a few ticks better or worse than my M. Steering is very tight, the suspension is a little softer than my old M, but not in a bad way. The Bose system sounds great. First weekend put over 200 miles on her. Great driving car, and have already started getting looks. Overall this is a home run for Nissan. And I love it.

All true
By pwinn on 05/11/10 13:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had the the 350Z roadster. Loved the top down. For 5 years. The 370Z is all new inspired by the 350. Goes and looks right in every way. I have the touring and sport pkg, 6 spd. Corners and pulls off the line as promised. Rear wheel wells are noisy in the rain-road noise. The value of the car verses what you pay overrides noisy tires. Wind it out or turn up your iPod. No noise. It's all true. The car is a fantastic 2 seater to be respected.

Unreal!!
By jbuzz on 01/30/10 13:14 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Had the 350z roadster, the 370z is better in every way!! Faster, lighter, shorter, wider!! Leather, suede this car is turns heads!! Easily the best car I have ever driven!

Lovin' it!
By Red Z Owner on 12/24/09 19:26 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

So it came down this car and the '10 Camaro. Got to test drive the Z. Got to sit in the Camaro. Advantage Z. My initial concerns about this car were the "snugness" of the interior, and the extensive road noise. The test drive alleviated both concerns. The ride was comfortable, even for a former 5'10" 237lb football player. The road noise was acceptable. I for one like to hear the engine while I drive. It makes me feel more in-tune with the car. This car is absolutely gorgeous and it's performance is off the charts. It has a very linear torque curve which produces "right now" acceleration no matter the speed or gear you are in. The sync-rev really makes working the gears a joy!

370 Z a"Winner"
By JPK on 08/24/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2005 BMW 330CI with the sport pkg and sequential manual tranny. It was a quality vehicle and fun to drive. I test drove the 370 Z and felt it was more me than the BMW. It looks great, (turns heads)has rapid acceleration, shifts easily, and corners like it is on rails. I,m 5'11" and weigh 170. The seats are comfy, head room is ample and leg room is good. I now have over 1200 miles on the car (mfr's break in period)and engine and tranny feel much better. I live in East Texas and the temp has been in the mid 90's and low 100's since I've had the Z. 240 degrees is the highest the engine oil has gotten. The Z engine is noisy but seems quieter as it breaks in.

Performance that lives up to Style
By S'Avant on 07/10/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned many sports cars before (from MG's to Porsche's), but never had a Z. The 370Z really looks the part: aggressive, integrated, and brazen. The interior is a good place to drive in, and the seats work well for spirited driving. I have the touring pkg. with alcantra seat inserts that are comfortable in hot or cold weather. This thing goes great, brakes well, handles well, and is flat out just FUN! I considered a Porsche Boxster or Cayman, but this is more involving at 2/3rds the price. Not as refined, but you're not paying Porsche prices for parts or service, and it is arguably more fun in daily driving. Ride is firm but comfortable on the highway. Handling not upset by bumps

Wow This car is amazing!
By Reggie on 06/21/09 19:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car at 80 miles last week and I already have 800 miles on it. It's such a blast to drive it. People pull up next to me while driving and ask questions about it. I have no problem with the seats(mine's leather) and the bose system is awesome.The music does not distort at all even at the highest setting. I've reached speeds up to 120+ mph easy. The manual transmission is really tight and close. It can jump off the line with no problem. The trunk can fit at least 2 mid sized suit cases. The two problems I found though is that there is a blind spot behind you and when the sun is shining directly on the fuel gauge you can't see it at all. Other than that I highly recommend it

love the z
By marc on 06/06/09 14:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Had my z 4 months. Love the engine,handling and brakes. The 6 speed is good but not as sharp as my rx8. The interior noise levels were bad at first but I have adjusted to them -Sure wish nissan had made a quieter car. Had a speed sensor go bad and had to be towed in the dealer paid for it all. Amazing how many looks this car gets.

Too fat for a fun Z!!!
By Mike on 05/25/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just traded my F250 for a Z. What a car. I'm actually looking for excuses to drive around. Never owned a standard transmission before, but it sure is fun!!! I can't imagine driving a car that could make the experience any more fun. Only problem is my rear is too wide for the little sporty seats. Hurts like the dickens after a little while. Guess I need to do more driving and less eating!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe in VA is:

$132 per month*