Used 2009 Nissan 370Z Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:

Love this car
By nuts4nissan09

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I turned 40 in 2009 and decided to give up riding sport bikes and buy something safer. The 370Z was the perfect choice for me. Purchased a base 6 speed w/ the sport package. I have driven it in the mountains of NC and was able to attack curves w/ the same speed as I was able to on the bike. I look forward to every drive. Yes, the 050 Bridgestones can be loud on bad pavement, but that is what Dynamat is for. Easy fix. Don't let tire noise keep you from enjoying this little gem. The best value in sports cars period.

Favorite Features

Handling, power (flat torque curve w/ potent top end), styling (exterior and interior) and value

Suggested Improvements

NVH-the engine can be a little raucous near red-line, would prefer a factory installed and warranted oil cooler- temps can range from 195 to 240 degrees on average, 230 degrees @ 80mph in 100 degree heat (interstate) and 240 degrees in the mountains going uphill, tougher paint (chips easily)

Zooowaahhh
By machZ

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wow this car just getting lots of looks wherever I go, After driving SUVs (automatic) in the last 19 years it's time for me to get the driving-fun back in my life. I can't stop grinning every time I sit on my 370z I had been in the market for a sports car and I was considering the Gen Coupe, oh Boy I'm glad I went for the Z. I got a great deal ($1000 below invoice) and the APR I want. Syncro Rev match really helps you if you are a novice driver. Best bang for your buck in terms of performance and handling for a sports car.

Favorite Features

The Exterior Styling is unlike anything you see on the road, it just plain gorgeous. First ever Synchro Rev Match on the manual

Suggested Improvements

Cabin noise need to be address

Best Z-Car Yet.
By Greg

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My first car was 72 240z and I had an 83 280ZX. The 370 is the best yet. It is quick and nimble. You rarely have to plan your moves in traffic just look for an open spot and the Z will be there. People complain that the gearshift is "notchy" I am not sure what that means? I find it quick and accurate. People complain about road noise. It is a two seater sports coupe. You expect a little road noise. You might try learning to judge the character of the road surface from the sound. Most of all, this car is just fun to drive. I commute 90 min each way daily. In the Z I actually look forward to the drive. The seats are so comfortable. They actually get more comfortable the longer you sit in them.

Favorite Features

It is fun to drive. People notice it where ever I go. If I see two a week, that's a lot and I live in L.A. Handling breaking and performance. Good sound system and just the right amount of road noise. Nice interior a definite step up for Z-Car interiors.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the ventilation system worked better. The A/C always comes on and you have to switch it off. (I just want fresh air). Recirc won't run without the A/C period. Switch off the A/C and Recirc cuts off. After about an hour the fresh air starts getting warmer and warmer. I just want fresh cool air

poor man's GT-R
By True Sports Car

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We got the Sports package with the upgraded wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. The ride is firm but not overly stiff, even with the 19's. Yellow paint has every head turning. The front plastic spoiler gets scraped on every 4" driveway. The blind spots are significant but that's why they give you 3 mirrors. I've had a C5 'Vette with the Z51 suspension, the Z rides no worse, and it probably won't leak in the rain. The MPG is mid 20's but the car is still new, hopefully better with time. I love the look, handling, ride and Nissan parts availability and reliability. The difference between a GT-R and a 370Z is not so much performance but cost of parts when tires, brakes, etc. are replaced

Favorite Features

Yellow Z with 19" wheels and tinted windows. It could be used in a video.... handles like it's on rails, light weight, big tires, firm suspension. After celebrating birthdays on the dealer's showroom for 6 months it was ours for invoice to make room for the 2010's. Timing is everything in life.

Suggested Improvements

a better front lip spoiler that won't hang-up on every 4" surface road flaw and driveway entrance. Mileage could be better but I didn't buy it for mpg. Other than that it's a great sports car.

ZZoooming the best deal
By Big Sky Blue

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

A true sports car. I've owned a couple Corvettes and Z28's but none tracked as straight and true as this car. Steering is tight but confident and nothing matches the brakes of the Z car! Ride quality is stiff for the Sport model, but one certainly does not wallow in the seat through turns. Interior layout and quality are excellent. Love the no-key ignition and locking system. In late summer temps of 80's to low 90's and running air conditioning, oil temp gauge never went above 240! By eliminating Styrofoam filler behind seats where Touring models add speakers...1 1/2 cu. feet of more cargo space was found. Amazing how much stuff can be loaded in this small car! Agree with Oldguy-soft paint!

Favorite Features

Design...design...design in and out. Performance and control. A true driver's car. Gauges are excellent...I even like the "odd-ball" computer gauge. Interior auto-temp system works excellently. Love that Sync-rev system and appreciate the output for gear selection.

Suggested Improvements

Harder paint surface with stronger clear-coat finish. Little softer seat inserts. A back up camera would be nice. Road noise is not a big problem but more isolation would be helpful. Can not hear the engine or exhaust below about 3000 rpm. Please - this is a SPORTS car!