2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:
Love this car
By nuts4nissan09 on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I turned 40 in 2009 and decided to give up riding sport bikes and buy something safer. The 370Z was the perfect choice for me. Purchased a base 6 speed w/ the sport package. I have driven it in the mountains of NC and was able to attack curves w/ the same speed as I was able to on the bike. I look forward to every drive. Yes, the 050 Bridgestones can be loud on bad pavement, but that is what Dynamat is for. Easy fix. Don't let tire noise keep you from enjoying this little gem. The best value in sports cars period.

Zooowaahhh
By machZ on 06/03/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wow this car just getting lots of looks wherever I go, After driving SUVs (automatic) in the last 19 years it's time for me to get the driving-fun back in my life. I can't stop grinning every time I sit on my 370z I had been in the market for a sports car and I was considering the Gen Coupe, oh Boy I'm glad I went for the Z. I got a great deal ($1000 below invoice) and the APR I want. Syncro Rev match really helps you if you are a novice driver. Best bang for your buck in terms of performance and handling for a sports car.

Best Z-Car Yet.
By Greg on 05/29/10 19:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My first car was 72 240z and I had an 83 280ZX. The 370 is the best yet. It is quick and nimble. You rarely have to plan your moves in traffic just look for an open spot and the Z will be there. People complain that the gearshift is "notchy" I am not sure what that means? I find it quick and accurate. People complain about road noise. It is a two seater sports coupe. You expect a little road noise. You might try learning to judge the character of the road surface from the sound. Most of all, this car is just fun to drive. I commute 90 min each way daily. In the Z I actually look forward to the drive. The seats are so comfortable. They actually get more comfortable the longer you sit in them.

poor man's GT-R
By True Sports Car on 04/17/10 07:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We got the Sports package with the upgraded wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. The ride is firm but not overly stiff, even with the 19's. Yellow paint has every head turning. The front plastic spoiler gets scraped on every 4" driveway. The blind spots are significant but that's why they give you 3 mirrors. I've had a C5 'Vette with the Z51 suspension, the Z rides no worse, and it probably won't leak in the rain. The MPG is mid 20's but the car is still new, hopefully better with time. I love the look, handling, ride and Nissan parts availability and reliability. The difference between a GT-R and a 370Z is not so much performance but cost of parts when tires, brakes, etc. are replaced

ZZoooming the best deal
By Big Sky Blue on 02/07/10 16:32 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

A true sports car. I've owned a couple Corvettes and Z28's but none tracked as straight and true as this car. Steering is tight but confident and nothing matches the brakes of the Z car! Ride quality is stiff for the Sport model, but one certainly does not wallow in the seat through turns. Interior layout and quality are excellent. Love the no-key ignition and locking system. In late summer temps of 80's to low 90's and running air conditioning, oil temp gauge never went above 240! By eliminating Styrofoam filler behind seats where Touring models add speakers...1 1/2 cu. feet of more cargo space was found. Amazing how much stuff can be loaded in this small car! Agree with Oldguy-soft paint!

Nostalgia Strikes
By GAR on 01/19/10 13:14 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I owned 72 240Z and my wife had a 280ZX. I have several similar cars over the years. When I first drove 370Z I was reminded powerfully of my 240. This is a drivers car. You don't step into it but instead you wear it. You feel the road in your hands and the seat of your pants. You hear the roar of the road and judge it's condition from the sound. The sport package makes the handling even more precise. The car seems to go where you want it too by thought control. This car demands your full attention but you are rewarded with an exciting driving experience that makes any trip even the daily commute fun. If you want a 2-seater sports car the Nissan 370Z deserves your serious consideration.

Awesome
By stubby on 12/11/09 05:05 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

As a previous owner of the 350Z I feel as they have completely refined an already amazing ride. Exhilarating performance, exceptional handling, everyday driving comfort ability, and sleek styling, for which pictures do no justice, to this Porsche like appearance and feel for a car that was only $30,000 with a sports package.

Engine Oil Temp Concern
By Alabama Driver on 10/09/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great looking, reasonably priced little sports car. It handles well and definitely turns heads at stop signs and coffee shops. I only have 1K miles on it, but it has been a blast to drive. My only concern at this point is the high oil temperature readings. I would really like to hear what Nissan's solution is for the high temp readings.

The 370Z car need an ENGINE OIL COOLER!
By Prefecto2 on 08/10/09 16:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Nissan 2009 370Z Car on February 26, 2009. I have been very disappointed with my 2009 370Z Car, because you can't drive it over 4000 RPM's, if the ambient temperature is over 90 degrees. As a result, I only have 630 miles on my 370Z! The 370Z Car, without an engine oil cooler, will over-heat! The engine oil temperature reaches 280 degrees, if the ambient temperature is over 90 degrees, and it will do it in a very short period of time. When this happens, the car's engine RPM's are reduced from 7500 RPM's to 6500 RPM's, and if the engine oil temperature reaches 290 degrees, the engine's RPM's will be reduced to 4500 RPM's, which is approximately half of the 370Z Horsepower!

A Blast to drive
By Alex on 07/13/09 18:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The get up and go of the VQ37 engine is amazing, it oozes power. Very flat torque curve, keeps pulling harder as you shift. The car bleeds sex appeal, no matter who pulls up alongside you, heads are turning, men and women alike. By far one of the best looking sports cars out, especially for the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe in VA is:

$132 per month*