Used 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:

Fun to drive!
By ohiodoug

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car in the summer of 2009 kind of on a whim. I had been wanting a sports car and it was between this and a Dodge Challenger. Well, with Chrysler bankrupt and Challenger production on hold, I looked into the Z. (As it turns out the Challenger wouldn't have fit in the garage anyway). I have this with the 7 speed auto and paddle shifters, which is almost as fun as a manual. This car is straight out fast and the tires stick like glue! If you don't push it, it actually gets pretty darn good mileage, but it's hard to refrain from excess speed. Love the control layout and info screen. I've had one problem area (see below).

Straight line performance and handling. Absolutely a blast to drive and it feels really different than a 3.5 liter Altima Coupe I also test drove. The seats are actually pretty comfortable, but being my first sports car I feel like I'm sitting soooo low! Decent stereo, nice control layout.

In terms of the design, this car just screams for a backup camera -visibility is awful. You just learn to live with it and if you have to back up, do so with care. Mechanically, I had one time (about 3 years in) wher the car acted out of fuel with almost 1/4 tank. I saw another Z owner say this, and it was a known problem with Nissan Quests. I never had a problem before even when getting the car within a gallon of empty, but since this time I make sure to fill up at 1/4 tank. I was also disappointed at the lack of an oil cooler since I was thinking about trying to autocross the car. That (along with overheating of brake fluid under extreme conditions) mean it can't be a track car.

Nissan Certified 370Z Touring 6MT
By djrelic247

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Everything about the vehicles is a positive. It's a REAL sports car so there isnt going to be much of any cargo room. I mean the owner's manual doesnt even fit in the glove box. Only Im luke warm about is the initial clutch engagement aka the friction point. It is very high on the clutch pedal and the window from friction point to full engagement is the smallest Ive ever felt. This is the stock clutch. The clutch is very linear as well, so you really need to feel when it bites at first. But there is a cheap fix for it, which is buying a clutch helper spring to replace the OEM one. Better fix is a new clutch assembly which makes it feel like any other car you have driven.

My 2nd Z
By dmpete

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a used 09' a couple of days ago, this is great. Coming out of a BMW that had nothing but problems, always liked the Z, kinda my halo car (the 300ZX twin turbo). I have drove one, this new 370 outshines it in almost every way. There is road noise, but the feel of the car is great, acceleration is good, w/ in a few ticks better or worse than my M. Steering is very tight, the suspension is a little softer than my old M, but not in a bad way. The Bose system sounds great. First weekend put over 200 miles on her. Great driving car, and have already started getting looks. Overall this is a home run for Nissan. And I love it.

The styling, the flared fenders. The tight shift gates. The power of course. The wrap around interior. The Bose surround. Heated Leather/suede combo, basically everything.

Can't really think of anything, Nissan did their homework on the Porsche Cayman, who they matched in almost every way for way less money

Love this car
By nuts4nissan09

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I turned 40 in 2009 and decided to give up riding sport bikes and buy something safer. The 370Z was the perfect choice for me. Purchased a base 6 speed w/ the sport package. I have driven it in the mountains of NC and was able to attack curves w/ the same speed as I was able to on the bike. I look forward to every drive. Yes, the 050 Bridgestones can be loud on bad pavement, but that is what Dynamat is for. Easy fix. Don't let tire noise keep you from enjoying this little gem. The best value in sports cars period.

Handling, power (flat torque curve w/ potent top end), styling (exterior and interior) and value

NVH-the engine can be a little raucous near red-line, would prefer a factory installed and warranted oil cooler- temps can range from 195 to 240 degrees on average, 230 degrees @ 80mph in 100 degree heat (interstate) and 240 degrees in the mountains going uphill, tougher paint (chips easily)

Dont waste your money
By NICK

2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

When I bought my 370 I really thought I was buying quality, boy was that wrong. I paid cash and still spent all day waiting why I don't know and I said I wanted a spoiler added my sales guy said no you don't well I was sure I did. The sales part took way to long and the dealers knew nothing about the car. The car itself was fun to drive for about 3 days I could hear every Stone smack and everything else possible, I had water in both tail lights all the little flaps behind the wheels fell off. The paint was horrible it chipped every time I drove the car, when the tags were put on the lot guy ran screws into the bumper why use the bracket? Nissan service was horrible save your money&buy something else.

the look and it was fast

Nissan should start by improving their service standards. Nissan should also have the kinds of fluids that your car needs i needed antifreeze and they didn't have it ever,the overall quality of the car was terrible,uncomfortable, needs sound proofing, make the car worth the money don't rush it