2009 Nissan 370Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:
Fun to drive!
By ohiodoug on 07/27/14 21:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car in the summer of 2009 kind of on a whim. I had been wanting a sports car and it was between this and a Dodge Challenger. Well, with Chrysler bankrupt and Challenger production on hold, I looked into the Z. (As it turns out the Challenger wouldn't have fit in the garage anyway). I have this with the 7 speed auto and paddle shifters, which is almost as fun as a manual. This car is straight out fast and the tires stick like glue! If you don't push it, it actually gets pretty darn good mileage, but it's hard to refrain from excess speed. Love the control layout and info screen. I've had one problem area (see below).

Nissan Certified 370Z Touring 6MT
By djrelic247 on 07/03/12 08:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Everything about the vehicles is a positive. It's a REAL sports car so there isnt going to be much of any cargo room. I mean the owner's manual doesnt even fit in the glove box. Only Im luke warm about is the initial clutch engagement aka the friction point. It is very high on the clutch pedal and the window from friction point to full engagement is the smallest Ive ever felt. This is the stock clutch. The clutch is very linear as well, so you really need to feel when it bites at first. But there is a cheap fix for it, which is buying a clutch helper spring to replace the OEM one. Better fix is a new clutch assembly which makes it feel like any other car you have driven.

My 2nd Z
By dmpete on 03/08/11 03:46 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a used 09' a couple of days ago, this is great. Coming out of a BMW that had nothing but problems, always liked the Z, kinda my halo car (the 300ZX twin turbo). I have drove one, this new 370 outshines it in almost every way. There is road noise, but the feel of the car is great, acceleration is good, w/ in a few ticks better or worse than my M. Steering is very tight, the suspension is a little softer than my old M, but not in a bad way. The Bose system sounds great. First weekend put over 200 miles on her. Great driving car, and have already started getting looks. Overall this is a home run for Nissan. And I love it.

Love this car
By nuts4nissan09 on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I turned 40 in 2009 and decided to give up riding sport bikes and buy something safer. The 370Z was the perfect choice for me. Purchased a base 6 speed w/ the sport package. I have driven it in the mountains of NC and was able to attack curves w/ the same speed as I was able to on the bike. I look forward to every drive. Yes, the 050 Bridgestones can be loud on bad pavement, but that is what Dynamat is for. Easy fix. Don't let tire noise keep you from enjoying this little gem. The best value in sports cars period.

Dont waste your money
By NICK on 08/06/10 18:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

When I bought my 370 I really thought I was buying quality, boy was that wrong. I paid cash and still spent all day waiting why I don't know and I said I wanted a spoiler added my sales guy said no you don't well I was sure I did. The sales part took way to long and the dealers knew nothing about the car. The car itself was fun to drive for about 3 days I could hear every Stone smack and everything else possible, I had water in both tail lights all the little flaps behind the wheels fell off. The paint was horrible it chipped every time I drove the car, when the tags were put on the lot guy ran screws into the bumper why use the bracket? Nissan service was horrible save your money&buy something else.

Zooowaahhh
By machZ on 06/03/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wow this car just getting lots of looks wherever I go, After driving SUVs (automatic) in the last 19 years it's time for me to get the driving-fun back in my life. I can't stop grinning every time I sit on my 370z I had been in the market for a sports car and I was considering the Gen Coupe, oh Boy I'm glad I went for the Z. I got a great deal ($1000 below invoice) and the APR I want. Syncro Rev match really helps you if you are a novice driver. Best bang for your buck in terms of performance and handling for a sports car.

Best Z-Car Yet.
By Greg on 05/29/10 19:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My first car was 72 240z and I had an 83 280ZX. The 370 is the best yet. It is quick and nimble. You rarely have to plan your moves in traffic just look for an open spot and the Z will be there. People complain that the gearshift is "notchy" I am not sure what that means? I find it quick and accurate. People complain about road noise. It is a two seater sports coupe. You expect a little road noise. You might try learning to judge the character of the road surface from the sound. Most of all, this car is just fun to drive. I commute 90 min each way daily. In the Z I actually look forward to the drive. The seats are so comfortable. They actually get more comfortable the longer you sit in them.

All true
By pwinn on 05/11/10 13:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had the the 350Z roadster. Loved the top down. For 5 years. The 370Z is all new inspired by the 350. Goes and looks right in every way. I have the touring and sport pkg, 6 spd. Corners and pulls off the line as promised. Rear wheel wells are noisy in the rain-road noise. The value of the car verses what you pay overrides noisy tires. Wind it out or turn up your iPod. No noise. It's all true. The car is a fantastic 2 seater to be respected.

It's all true, the good and the bad
By JR on 04/23/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

First the bad news. The tire noise in this car (touring with sport package)is unacceptable. I drive 60 miles to work each day and the noise is terrible. Nissan really dropped the ball with nvh. The good news is, the fix for tis pretty cheap and easy. Buy some sound deadener for about $150, then spend an afternoon installing it and all of a sudden you have a fun to drive, world class sports car that will run with anything on the road and get attention everywhere you take it. Acceleration and handling are great. Bose system is pretty good and interior quality is significantly better than the 350Z.

poor man's GT-R
By True Sports Car on 04/17/10 07:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We got the Sports package with the upgraded wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. The ride is firm but not overly stiff, even with the 19's. Yellow paint has every head turning. The front plastic spoiler gets scraped on every 4" driveway. The blind spots are significant but that's why they give you 3 mirrors. I've had a C5 'Vette with the Z51 suspension, the Z rides no worse, and it probably won't leak in the rain. The MPG is mid 20's but the car is still new, hopefully better with time. I love the look, handling, ride and Nissan parts availability and reliability. The difference between a GT-R and a 370Z is not so much performance but cost of parts when tires, brakes, etc. are replaced

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan 370Z in VA is:

$132 per month*