Used 2008 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

ZZZZZZippy!
By mssdoc

2008 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a flashy red 2005 350Z ('til hubby wrecked it on a slick road ). Just bought a 2008 350 (same trim level). Life is good again; it's my daily commute vehicle, and I laughed outloud for the sheer joy of driving again on the way home (on the mountain roads) last night. I like the new steering wheel radio controls; the blind spot doesn't seem as bad as the 2005 version. 'Course that could be because I'm so happy to be zipping around the turns again. WooHoo!

Favorite Features

Grippy tires in the curves; love the door cup holders. The fact I can (and do) get two golf bags in the trunk and still look good entering the golf course parking lot.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmmm.....

It's a MACHINE!
By Ross

2008 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car in July and put appx 3300 miles on since. I just gave it my first oil change. This car is a complete MACHINE! Feels great on the road. Great fuel economy, outstanding performance off the line and from 60+. It's the enthusiast version so it has the limited slip and traction control. Really sticks to the road. Very maneuverable. I test drove the 2008 Mustang GT, Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged, Mazda rx8, Mitsubishi eclipse GT. The 08 350Z Enthusiast just blew them all away. Might have only 2 seats and room for golf bags, but in the end, no one can really fit in the "4 seater sports cars" anyway. Best car I have driven to date. Very happy.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, looks great, sounds great, not loud in cockpit.

Suggested Improvements

Runs great, feels great, all ++ from me

I Love It
By Chyo

2008 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I believe this is the best value for your money if you're looking for some performance. If you're looking for practicality, don't get this car. The trunk can be useless. If those are not an issue, get this car! The engine is fabulous and handles spectacularly. The ride is bearable enough for a long road trip, but the clutch is not to my liking (try it and you will see). Gas mileage can be good if sticking it in 6th gear (26 mpg is my best), and it can obviously drain your wallet fast if driven hard.

Favorite Features

I love the engine and exhaust music at higher rpms. It's my favorite song of all time.

Suggested Improvements

The issue since day 1 continues to today. The interior still stinks. The metallic dials are nice, but still not enough. Also, it's a bulbous machine and too much clutch action. Hopefully these will be non-issues in the 370Z.

So far, so good...
By NerveBag

2008 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my 2008 Enthusiast Z for a couple of weeks now. So far, I love it! Can't say much about reliability yet, of course, but everything else is good. PROS: F-U-N! It is a blast to drive this car. The engine sounds great, too. You get a 300hp, road-hugging sports car for $30k. Best deal out there. And it turns heads. :-) Plenty of headroom (and I'm 6'4") CONS: Clutch is WAY too long. There's, like, 4-6 inches of play before it engages. You can hear every speck of dirt hit the rear wheel wells. Kinda annoying. Wheel doesn't telescope, which would've made a HUGE difference in leg room for me. Stereo's kinda lame. The fun of driving this car easily makes up for any minor nits! Recommend!

Favorite Features

Engine, engine, engine. The exterior design and the kickin' wheels are nice too. Great job on the wheels, Nissan!

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the stereo or make it easier for the buyer to upgrade. Put some sound dampening on the rear wheel wells. Make the steering wheel telescope! Add keyless entry/start, where you never have to take it out of your pocket.