Used 2008 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
I LOVE MY NISMO
By NISMO 1441

2008 Nissan 350Z NISMO 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

If I had to give up my wife of 20 years or NISMO.....oh that'd be tough...That end of the day experience of crawling in the cockpit and ZZZZ'ing up that engine is like therapy. I wanted an 08 before the styling changed...beautiful curves, not a bad angle to the car. Walked in to a dealer on V-day 09 ready to check out the 09s, not really in the market and there was 08 1441 sitting on the floor with $26,500 on the windshield. Are you serious???? Pack it up....and drove it off the showroom floor. My wife looked at it and said, that's all bad, hence my plates "ALL BAD."

Favorite Features

Handling is incredible.....followed by the motor.

Suggested Improvements

I just want an IPOD jack!!!

Nismo Tracked
By Tony

2008 Nissan 350Z NISMO 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I thought the pricing was about right on my new Nismo, until i got it on the track. What a deal for this car. The car handled very well at full steam even being heavy. The new handling package on the Nismo was fantastic. I have raced professional and know the difference between a car that handles and a car that does not. If they could add another say 75-100 hp it would be perfect. I recommend this car as a true value in a market full of over priced sports cars.

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

More power

Perfect match
By Nick

2008 Nissan 350Z NISMO 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I was searching for a car that was a coupe, zippy, stylish, and unique. I found it all with the Nismo. It's a fun car to drive. Everytime you get in it feels like your going to an auto X. I test drove an STI, G35, and RSX's before I found this, and I beleive it is the fastest and best handling out of the 3. The performance is excellent, hands down. The interior is ok. Not fancy because things like leather and power seats add weight. The car has been purpose built. Its also very bumpy ride, because of the seam welded body. However if you like that feeling of being connected to the road like me you will love this. The exhaust roars FYI too. I tell people it runs on diced lions.

Favorite Features

Handling, speed. (306 HP 268 TQ is more than enough for regular road driving. I still find myself accidently spinning the wheels every once in a while.) Looks great. Aero kit looks good and is functional over 60 MPH. Seamwelded body. Like the rims on the Nismo as well. Interior acceptable.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest getting your windows tinted, because every wanna be speed racer tries to get your attention at stoplights. Really excellent car considering what it was made for... a track:) I daily drive mine and the front lip clears almost everything, be careful though. Not good in snow.

So far, so good...
By NerveBag

2008 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my 2008 Enthusiast Z for a couple of weeks now. So far, I love it! Can't say much about reliability yet, of course, but everything else is good. PROS: F-U-N! It is a blast to drive this car. The engine sounds great, too. You get a 300hp, road-hugging sports car for $30k. Best deal out there. And it turns heads. :-) Plenty of headroom (and I'm 6'4") CONS: Clutch is WAY too long. There's, like, 4-6 inches of play before it engages. You can hear every speck of dirt hit the rear wheel wells. Kinda annoying. Wheel doesn't telescope, which would've made a HUGE difference in leg room for me. Stereo's kinda lame. The fun of driving this car easily makes up for any minor nits! Recommend!

Favorite Features

Engine, engine, engine. The exterior design and the kickin' wheels are nice too. Great job on the wheels, Nissan!

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the stereo or make it easier for the buyer to upgrade. Put some sound dampening on the rear wheel wells. Make the steering wheel telescope! Add keyless entry/start, where you never have to take it out of your pocket.

I Love It
By Chyo

2008 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I believe this is the best value for your money if you're looking for some performance. If you're looking for practicality, don't get this car. The trunk can be useless. If those are not an issue, get this car! The engine is fabulous and handles spectacularly. The ride is bearable enough for a long road trip, but the clutch is not to my liking (try it and you will see). Gas mileage can be good if sticking it in 6th gear (26 mpg is my best), and it can obviously drain your wallet fast if driven hard.

Favorite Features

I love the engine and exhaust music at higher rpms. It's my favorite song of all time.

Suggested Improvements

The issue since day 1 continues to today. The interior still stinks. The metallic dials are nice, but still not enough. Also, it's a bulbous machine and too much clutch action. Hopefully these will be non-issues in the 370Z.