The Real Deal
By Mike's Z on
2007 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Waited 37 years since I laid eyes on the 1st Z back in 1970. Owned a 280 and 300, but this is the car of my dreams. Owned almost a year, 8K miles. It has exceeded all my expectations. Few cars outrun it, no cars outclass it. Best described by one car editor as "painfully beautiful". A literal work of art from any angle. Nissan did this right, with a ground-up redesign keeping true to the true spirit of this legendary car. Tame enough for daily commutes, but it turns into a different car when the tach hits 4K. The interior is a cockpit. The power and steering effortless. My hearts skips faster every time I see it.
Favorite Features
It's a Z. Specifically, the burnt orange leather seats, the cockpit with gauges, the gorgeous exterior that fascinates at every angle. Oh, those LED bullet taillights. The longing, envious stares from everyone.
Suggested Improvements
Two things: 1.) Make the rearview mirror manual (the car sits so low that most trucks and SUV headlights blind you, and the autodimming isn't strong enough). 2.) install a mechanism to allow the passenger seat to flip up so the driver can access the compartment behind it.