2007 Nissan 350Z Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Simply awesome
By Black Night Z

2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Had this beautiful pearl black since October of last year, and every minute is a thrill and half. I am almost saddened when I have to turn off the engine, because the power, handling, and performance is simply breath taking. when you get a hold of the 306 ponies, you are gone. It is worth every penny compared to those high end sports car. I love the compliments and everything this beast has to offer, almost traded my wife for it, I love it so much. (Kidding).

Favorite Features

306 ponies, handling, power, performance. The cockpit interior is as close to a jet cockpit. Bose system, bluetooth, one touch up/down power window. I can go on for days, but I will leave you with this, buy it, you won't regret it, you will fall in love with it, and please take your heart medication. LOL

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. absolutely flawless. I want to thank Nissan for building my dream car. If you guys did one thing right, it was all your iconic Z's.

YAAAAHOOOOO!
By ZmaznZ

2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1967 Austin Healy MK3 3000 in 1974. I fell in love with the "sports car". When I test drove my Z, it felt odly familiar, sensitive, powerful, wonderful, totally insanely FUN! I drive it every day and 2 years later still love it totally. I can't wait every morning to get in it and DRIVE. The car is for the drive. Period. I also test drove a 07 corvette, lots of power, but no fun, no road feel, felt like driving a squished super powerful station wagon! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Z! Still no mechanical problems and I drive the day lights out of it every day in the city.

Favorite Features

EVERY THING,

Suggested Improvements

MP3 jack

LOVE/HATE
By Raph

2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought car as B-day present for self. Was great. super fast. The Sync Rev is awesome. You can basically drive it as if it's a manual w/o the clutch. Burning out is easy, won every race I had with it but 1. The only problem was axle broke on me after 2 months while swerving to not hit something (freak accident) Still love this car. The 370 is better in some ways, not all. I would most def recommend this car. If you get this car get the NISMO. It looks better. Love this car though. you can get one for a good deal ina lot of places now really cheap because of 370Z. My car was white with limo tint w/ 18" chrome also with orange interior.

Favorite Features

3.5L V6 w/306 hp. Is a head turner for sure. Very Fast. Real sport look and feel. Bose system. Bluetooth. Best car I've ever had so far.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger trunk space, MP3 technology, Lighter (weight), better looking inside,gove box in front all which 370Z has

Best revised engine I have driven!
By Mr. SS

2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always been a huge fan of sports cars; but this one takes the cake. I got it w/ just under 25000 miles on it & it still looks immaculate. Everything about the vehicle is outstanding except for the hard plastics which has been vastly improved w/ soft materials in the 370. If you can ignore that minor issue, you will be very satisfied w/ the iconic Z. I prefer the 370 but did not get it because this one was a steal!

Favorite Features

Cloth Seating (Leather Seats Creases), 18 Inch Alloy Wheels, Rear Wheel Drive, Auto-Dim Rear View Mirror, Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlights, Leather Steering Wheel Trim, Limited Slip Rear Differential, One-Touch Power Windows, Automatic Climate Control, Variable Power Steering

Suggested Improvements

Intelligent Key, Vinyl Materials used instead of Plastics, Frameless Wiper Blades, Windshield Washer Fluid instead of H2O, MP3 Audio Capability

Big bang for the buck
By Z-WOW-Z

2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I'm 56 years old and after raising 5 children I decided to get something for me. I looked at several other cars and for one year I did all my homework. I looked at the Miata, RX-8, and the BMW Z-4. The 350m is by far the most exhilarating car I've ever driven. I bought the 6 speed and it will do about 35 mph per gear. You do the math! And the mileage, I get around 26 average. And the funnest thing I like to do is turn. Man this car will cut like nothing I've ever driven. So my overall rating is "don't test drive one if you aren't going to GET ONE!"

Favorite Features

seat is wwwwwwooooooooowwwwwwwwww!

Suggested Improvements

more HP

RWD ... iSlide
By ak805x

2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very great car to drive. My car is the base model 350z coupe. Has less "features" than the other models. Doesn't have the stereo unit controls on the steering wheel. Steering wheel seems a bit less sporty than what you get out of most other sports cars. The power is great, and sounds great especially with dual intakes! Definitely a head turner and I'm always getting props. Base Model comes without Traction Control System and the Limited Slip Differential. Meaning, you have to be VERY careful when taking turns and gassing it. You can easily lose control. Which is a reason why professional drifters prefer this model because you can slide everywhere. Donuts are easy. Very fun car.

Favorite Features

Engine/exhaust sound is great. I love the automatic window up/down feature for BOTH windows. Dual intake. Sometimes I love the fact that my car doesn't have TCS and LSD to slide, but sometimes when you DO want to take a hard corner while gassing it, you can't without sliding all through the turn.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior. However Nissan met their suggested improvements with the new 370z.

The Real Deal
By Mike's Z

2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Waited 37 years since I laid eyes on the 1st Z back in 1970. Owned a 280 and 300, but this is the car of my dreams. Owned almost a year, 8K miles. It has exceeded all my expectations. Few cars outrun it, no cars outclass it. Best described by one car editor as "painfully beautiful". A literal work of art from any angle. Nissan did this right, with a ground-up redesign keeping true to the true spirit of this legendary car. Tame enough for daily commutes, but it turns into a different car when the tach hits 4K. The interior is a cockpit. The power and steering effortless. My hearts skips faster every time I see it.

Favorite Features

It's a Z. Specifically, the burnt orange leather seats, the cockpit with gauges, the gorgeous exterior that fascinates at every angle. Oh, those LED bullet taillights. The longing, envious stares from everyone.

Suggested Improvements

Two things: 1.) Make the rearview mirror manual (the car sits so low that most trucks and SUV headlights blind you, and the autodimming isn't strong enough). 2.) install a mechanism to allow the passenger seat to flip up so the driver can access the compartment behind it.

350-z
By wwwwooooooowwwwww

2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car blows me away. I've had it up to 160 twice and haven't got the guts to shift into 6th yet. The acceleration is awesome. The cornering is impressive. Drove it from Shreveport LA. to Miami FL. on vacation. I am 55 yrs old and bad back but the ride was superior. No aches or pains from driving. Had a 1969 Chevelle SS 369 stock 325 hp and it would have been no match for the Z. Best car I've ever owned! Running through those six speeds will take your breath away! On the highway it grabs onto the road as it glides effortlessly through the air. The quality of the ride is not reflected in the price. The only thing that would impress me more would be more horse power.

Favorite Features

Cornering ability, gas mileage (avg 25.4), turbine sound when accelerating, great looks, 18" rims, traction control, extremely quiet at highway speeds, seat seems to HOLD you, very smooth.

Suggested Improvements

That funny box on top of the radio is stupid. It will barely hold napkins. Center console storage is almost as useless. Digging around behind you for cd,s is awkward. Cruise control on all models. Traction control would be a bonus. Wheels HOP when traction control is off. I like to peel out, not hop

Great!
By sonyb1

2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 6spd "z", but didn't want the hassle of shifting in traffic; returned it for the automatic. It is just as exciting, Great looks, plenty of power, looks and drives like it should cost more, excellent value!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, styling, The 18" factory wheels are stunning.

Suggested Improvements

Hatch release inside car, glove box up front, Gas door release on key.

Excellent car, great engine update
By ribeirod

2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Motor a lot faster then my 2003, fun to drive, seat quality is a little poor but still a lot of fun on the twisties... great on the track and everyday driving.

Favorite Features

Excellent motor, great handling on corners.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of seats.