2006 Nissan 350Z Consumer Review: Good, Not Perfect, Sports Car

2006 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Review

Touring Convertible (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

Good, Not Perfect, Sports Car
By Phat Larry on

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my convertible Z for 3 months and have 3,000 miles on it. I've previously owned Mustang GT's and Corvettes, but wouldn't consider another one due to AWFUL reliability. I also test drove the S2000 (way too small and cramped), the Z3/4 (too cramped) and the new Miata (still underpowered). I have to pretty much agree with the Editor's review. The Z runs great with a nicely tuned exhaust, handles great, is roomy, has some good amenities, and looks sweeeet. The downside is the small trunk (esp.in the convertible), cheap interior plastics (esp the console cover which is garbage), bland gauge lighting, and very mediocre gas mileage. I have yet to get more than 20 mpg even with hwy driving.

Nice power and handling.....Great powered drop top.....nice and roomy for big guys in a car this size; esp headroom. I like the stereo controls on steering wheel.

Stop advertising 25 mpg for manual trans; it's not happening......20 mpg tops on hwy and 15 or 16 in city driving. Better plastics in interior, esp the center console cover. Large storage bin behind passenger seat cannot be accessed easily.....needs a manual seat release badly.