Excellent Coolness-to-Dollar Ratio!
By RickS on
2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
I hadn't wanted just ANY flashy car; only the 305Z had truly turned my head. I got the silver six-speed, 306 HP. Great move! It's basically all engine, so the handling and acceleration are top-notch. The six gears will keep your hands busy. For a small car, it also has a nice, "heavy", solid feel to it as well, very welcome on the highway or in inclement weather. I routinely get stopped by strangers and complimented on my car! The only negatives I can mention are the lack of trunk space (but who buys this car for trips to the grocery store?), the extreme lowness to the ground (this required a new front end 6 months after purchase), and finicky tire pressure gauges. I love this car!
Favorite Features
Its exterior appearance from the front and side; gutsy acceleration; handling; modern, clean cockpit; solid, heavy feel (not 'plasticky' like other cars in its class); and the fact that it can hold its own re: looks and performance against German luxury sportscars costing twice as much (or more!).
Suggested Improvements
My tire pressure light has been troublesome, occasionally coming on and refusing to go off, regardless of what's done, requiring a trip to the dealership for resetting. Because of the car's lowness to the ground, the front end/grill assembly should be made much tougher to survive scrapes and jolts!