More than I expected
By I 1DER on
2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
Ordered the car so I got exactly what I wanted. After getting 320,000 miles and counting out of my '93 Pathfinder with absolute minimum maintenance and trouble, I decided the Nissan Z would make great sense to me if I could get 200,000 good miles out of it. Three years later at 50K miles I'll be very surprised if I don't. The only concern has been oil consumption of about a quart every 3000-4500 miles. To me that is borderline, but I don't have to add oil if it is changed at that interval anyway. Absolutely no other problem except with one tire pressure sensor when car was fairly new. I mostly drive rural back roads and take trips. Must use at least all- season tires in northern winters.
Favorite Features
-pure pleasure to drive the twisties -500 mile tank range on trips. -all the storage compartments (necessary) -looks even with stock 18" wheels -downshifting the 6 speed to 3rd with it's redline there at 90 mph for passing -Bi-xenon headlights = magnificent for dark road driving. -exhaust tune
Suggested Improvements
-location and replacement of dipstick is terrible, but was fixed in 2007 -Bose audio system great quality, but only when volume is above 20 mark which is usually too loud for me.