Used 2006 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan 350Z

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Still having fun
By Bob

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Had the base model now for 6 months and loving it. The take off is astounding clean shifts and comfy interior. Gas mileage I've been getting is around 24 mpg half highway half city. The interior on the 06 is a nice improvement over the 05. It feels far more solid. Trunk space is fine for me and I can accommodate a lot it only takes a while to organize the trunk if I do a big shopping trip. Very roomy for 2 people and road noise is low unless you run at high revs then the engine loves to growl. Passing power great even in 5th gear 6th for cruising mainly. Haven't had anything break or make funny noises. Cant get a hold of an appointment at the dealership for maint to save my life.

Favorite Features

Love the 18" rims, standard power features, seats, feeling I get starting it up every day, all the cubby holes and storage spots. Controls are close at hand and easy to cycle through

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the standard stereo a little more. View through rear windows is nearly non existent.

love it
By des

2006 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought one for my wife and she loves it as do I. It's a great vehicle and you can't beat the price.

Favorite Features

The styling and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

none

Good, Not Perfect, Sports Car
By Phat Larry

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my convertible Z for 3 months and have 3,000 miles on it. I've previously owned Mustang GT's and Corvettes, but wouldn't consider another one due to AWFUL reliability. I also test drove the S2000 (way too small and cramped), the Z3/4 (too cramped) and the new Miata (still underpowered). I have to pretty much agree with the Editor's review. The Z runs great with a nicely tuned exhaust, handles great, is roomy, has some good amenities, and looks sweeeet. The downside is the small trunk (esp.in the convertible), cheap interior plastics (esp the console cover which is garbage), bland gauge lighting, and very mediocre gas mileage. I have yet to get more than 20 mpg even with hwy driving.

Favorite Features

Nice power and handling.....Great powered drop top.....nice and roomy for big guys in a car this size; esp headroom. I like the stereo controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Stop advertising 25 mpg for manual trans; it's not happening......20 mpg tops on hwy and 15 or 16 in city driving. Better plastics in interior, esp the center console cover. Large storage bin behind passenger seat cannot be accessed easily.....needs a manual seat release badly.

Good Car Tip
By Shawn Wolfe

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I like the car. A good tip is buy a Clear Film Bra for the front. The paint is not thick at all and chips easy. So invest in a clear bra. They are about 500 dollars but it is definitely worth it.

Favorite Features

The design

fun ride
By jerros

2006 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my 350Z,black convertible and I'm very happy with it. It is very fun to drive and very good looking. I like how it handles. And the taking the top up and down is fully automatic and it only takes about 20 secs. awesome......

Favorite Features

the looks, horsepower and automatic top.

Suggested Improvements

better mileage and better interior